Quote Originally Posted by gedwal View Post
One question I keep meaning to ask forum members, and this probably suits Morini best, is when I eventually purchase a receiver and set it up as it should be, does the whole process continue to work in the same manner as Sky Q does. I'm hopping I can just get it up and running with a regular EPG that gives me options to view about a week ahead, record channels in a straight forward manner and more or less have it setup as a Sky Q box would. My wife is not very adventurous when it comes to technology and I'm more concerned about her.
Sky TV is outrageously expensive for what it is, but I have to say the Sky Q interface and EPG are very slick, intuitive and user friendly. You can get a close(ish) proximity with enigma, but if I'm honest the UI isn't as good as Sky Q. My wife likes "simple" (my adult offspring don't actually watch a lot of TV), so I have to set things up so it "just works". Luckily we had an enigma receiver before we switched over to sky so my wife didn't take long to get used to it again. The biggest difference where Sky appears more "polished" is around series record. With Q its a one click thing whereas with E2 the autotimers are a little bit more difficult to set up. My wife normally tells me what she wants recorded and I set up the autotimers for her.

The rest of it is pretty similar experience. You can have a nice 7 day EPG and there is plenty of flexibility when it comes to look and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by gedwal View Post
Second question lies with this Forum. I tried to register here at the beginning of my search and having run through the requested details it refused to accept my sign in. After several attempt I gave up and registered with Digitalworldz which was no problem at all. It was only when I received an email from this site pointing out I needed to accept the rules. I clicked on the email which opened the site and I liked the look of it. On a further attempt to sign in it was this time accepted and I'm glad to say here I am. The only other issue I've had is getting to the Hello section. I found the area but was unable to post and so went to the General Topics section. Most of this is probably me, I don't that often get involved with forums although this may well change once my receiver purchase is made.
For now thank you both.
Gerard
Can't help with that, though I locked myself out of my own account recently when trying to change the email address I have associated with my profile. I didn't receive any verification email to the new address so i had to switch back tom my gmail address to get back on. Maybe there are some issues with site email delivery?