Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How to stop STB rebooting after extended time in standby (If possible)

Title
    Thanks

How to stop STB rebooting after extended time in standby (If possible)

Hi as title states can I stop the box doing full reboot after extended time in standby? My Duo2 can be in standby for days/weeks and it just wakes up from standby. Thanks in advance
    VU+ Solo2
    VU+ Uno Twin tuner
    VU+ Duo
    VU+ Duo2
    DM 800HD
    DM800SE
    Edison OS mio 4K+

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,969 Times in 3,284 Posts
    It's hard to know what you are asking. Taking the box out of standby is immediate. The box doesn't boot. That only happens from deep standby.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by diceman01 View Post
    Hi as title states can I stop the box doing full reboot after extended time in standby? My Duo2 can be in standby for days/weeks and it just wakes up from standby. Thanks in advance
    If the box is in standby it should just take a few seconds to come to fully working.

If the box is in deep standby it can take 30 seconds or more to come to fully working.

If you press the on/off button on your remote quickly the box should just go into standby.
    If you press and hold the on/off button on your remote you should get a small menu window with the options of standby or deep standby

You can also set up a power timer to automatically put the box into deep standby if the box has been in standby for x minutes.

Standby turns very little off and saves little power compared to being fully on.
    Deep standby puts the box into a low power mode (less than 0.5W power consumption) but turns off most of the functions, hence a longer power up time.

A box in deep standby can wake up to perform recordings.

When you say you box is fully rebooting are you saying that the box has crashed with an error message and then fully reboots or could it be that it is just waking up from deep standby?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    It's hard to know what you are asking. Taking the box out of standby is immediate. The box doesn't boot. That only happens from deep standby.
    Like every other enigma2 box I have pressing the power button box goes to standby even if not turn back on for a day. This box if I don't use for a day when I bring it out of stand by its actually rebooting.
    VU+ Solo2
    VU+ Uno Twin tuner
    VU+ Duo
    VU+ Duo2
    DM 800HD
    DM800SE
    Edison OS mio 4K+

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    If the box is in standby it should just take a few seconds to come to fully working.

If the box is in deep standby it can take 30 seconds or more to come to fully working.

If you press the on/off button on your remote quickly the box should just go into standby.
    If you press and hold the on/off button on your remote you should get a small menu window with the options of standby or deep standby

You can also set up a power timer to automatically put the box into deep standby if the box has been in standby for x minutes.

Standby turns very little off and saves little power compared to being fully on.
    Deep standby puts the box into a low power mode (less than 0.5W power consumption) but turns off most of the functions, hence a longer power up time.

A box in deep standby can wake up to perform recordings.

When you say you box is fully rebooting are you saying that the box has crashed with an error message and then fully reboots or could it be that it is just waking up from deep standby?
    Box reboots and I'm not using deep standby never have on any box and there is no error message.
    VU+ Solo2
    VU+ Uno Twin tuner
    VU+ Duo
    VU+ Duo2
    DM 800HD
    DM800SE
    Edison OS mio 4K+

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Box reboots and I'm not using deep standby never have on any box and there is no error message.
    Debug logs would help
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,969 Times in 3,284 Posts
    If it reboots coming out of standby something is broken. So please provide debug logs for before or after the reboot.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Ok I shall get logs and report back
    VU+ Solo2
    VU+ Uno Twin tuner
    VU+ Duo
    VU+ Duo2
    DM 800HD
    DM800SE
    Edison OS mio 4K+

Title
    Thanks
    I think I have attached the log files correctly please let me know if this is correct.
    Last edited by twol; 26-09-23 at 09:42.
    VU+ Solo2
    VU+ Uno Twin tuner
    VU+ Duo
    VU+ Duo2
    DM 800HD
    DM800SE
    Edison OS mio 4K+

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    I think I have attached the log files correctly please let me know if this is correct.
    I removed your debug logs as they have user/passwd info in there....can you also change debug to use local time as well as removing the userid/passwd info next time!.

So logs are for a vuuno4kse??????? Thought the Duo was the issue???

You are using epgimport and lots of imports .... whats in your bouquets? how big? If Duo are you filling up flash?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I removed your debug logs as they have user/passwd info in there....can you also change debug to use local time as well as removing the userid/passwd info next time!.

So logs are for a vuuno4kse??????? Thought the Duo was the issue???

You are using epgimport and lots of imports .... whats in your bouquets? how big? If Duo are you filling up flash?
    Sorry apologies my STB is a vuuno4kse I was trying to say in my first post my Duo2 doesn't have this issue. Yes im using epgimport for my IPTV with jedimaker and using epg refresh for the DVB-T tuner. Thank you for removing my logs
    VU+ Solo2
    VU+ Uno Twin tuner
    VU+ Duo
    VU+ Duo2
    DM 800HD
    DM800SE
    Edison OS mio 4K+