Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
You only need to know the title, or partial title of the program. Ideally limit the search to a channel or two but let the autotimer find the future time and day/date. Maybe also use the VPS plugin to adjust timings if there are late changes. My F1 autotimer has found the first race of the season - an autotimer that has been on the box for over a year. One thing to consider if you select exact matching that a program may have a prefix of "new" - or it may not - so it may be better to select a partial match to catch both versions. Another thing that once caught me out is the BBC titling Doctor Who as either Dr Who or Doctor Who. "Who" may be too generic to set an autotimer partial search so I now have two timers for both versions of the program name.

This is my 3rd VU+ in around 12 years so I have been using Auto Timers in the past HOWEVER my wifes problem is the little nuggets she finds when looking through the EPG, so for example on More4 she may find a documentary about Wetherspoons (one she recorded last night) but it isn't the type of thing you'd go searching for on an Auto Timer.
We now have a solution, she looks at a TV Guide online for the days she can't programme on the VU EPG and then I can add a timer for it.
I'm definitely looking into the VPS plugin to adjust timings because BBC on a Saturday especially can be a bugger with shifting times.