Commiserations' from Australia regarding the Sony.

We have always used Sony gear, HT, TV's, RCU (the best RM-VLZ620 on the planet).

Two years ago I finalised State Government funding of 900K$ AUD (£510,266 GBP) for a new fire station in our village and secured an emergency service grant for 10K$ AUD with a partial fit-out of the new facility.

I optioned for a 65" Sony from my IT wholesaler: FWD65X80G 65" ENTRY LEVEL QFHD Enterprise Android from the grants of $1450/ £822 GBP.

Sad device, the o/s is slow, very slow, locks at times and the tuner is deaf, so much so with an 96ele array + LNA on the building roof ridge, some TP's are difficult to watch. Picture quality is fair.

Contrast; I was browsing in our local general store "BIG-W" it is called in Australia, part of the Woolworths chain and the tech section is worth a pass, where there was an unboxed, six month old, display 55" Sony KD-55X7000G, January '22, so like you our family hasn't had a holiday for years and our young Son had never experienced the Sea, so I bought it and it just fitted in the back of our Pajero 5 door 4WD. It arrived home and went on our wall bracket totally blemish free !

The latter is Linux, boots in a jiffy, smooth response times, great display, fair economy, and was $650 AUD reduced ($499 AUD/ £289 GBP buying price).

FYI: Australia is fitting out Emergency services' to deal with the complex range of Climate Change risks we are facing, in our area Fire is an event which has burnt in 2019/ 2020 for four months continuously in some cases. The events are getting really big and the desiccation/ hot Summers are making them unstoppable. We regularly have Summer temps' of 38°C and on occasion in the 40's on our Sheep Station (farm in remote Australia).

Coastal Australia is wet, very wet and many flooding events, Insurance is no longer available in some communities.

Better news is that Labor is in power now and we are pushing ahead with RE (Renewable Energy) and soon FF will be a thing of the past.