Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: IMDb No details

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,965 Times in 3,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by octron2008 View Post
    I just upgraded a SOLO2 to Open VIX 6.0.008, but getting the error "IMDb Download failed: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean ..." I uninstalled the IMDB extension and reinstall but same. also did as previously on my reply on post 73 but still getting the same eror.

Any ideas?
    Try 6.1.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is the process the same? download the plugin.py from above link, move the file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IMDb reboot box? I did that but still getting the same "IMDb Download failed: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean ..." tried that on SOLO2 with Open VIX 6.0.008
    Process is the same.
    I downloaded the .py file from the link in post 87
    Renamed the existing plugin file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IMDb
    Uploaded the new file to the same location
    Rebooted box and IMDb worked again.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Try 6.1.
    Is 6.1 meant to show in software update? I can only see it via Vix-> image manager.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In my case it does show on thr Menu, Setup, image manager, yellow to Downloads, select OpenViX, select 6.1 but it doesn’t download for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Is 6.1 meant to show in software update? I can only see it via Vix-> image manager.
    No, because they are different builds. Just download in ImageManager and then flash and restore.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Anyone else on VU+ Solo 2 with issues downloading 6.1 from the Image Manager? when I go to download I get message with Failed and sometime it just say Waiting, I leave it for 30min but not change it shows as Waiting,
    I have 6.0.008

I assume if I download the version from the web I can only install it using USB, if I copy it to /media/hdd/ would that work same as downloaded from image manager or fail?
    If it says "waiting" that means you have something else in the job queue. Try rebooting. Or you can download and send to the box by FTP. Or you can flash from USB.
    Last edited by Huevos; 31-03-22 at 22:26.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    If it says "waiting" that means you have something else in the job queue.
    I think the issue is the 1st time I try to download it say Fail, if I try again I get the Waiting error, the only way to stop that is to switch off the box from the switch on the back.

If moving the file downloaded from the web works to do the install directly form the box I will try that.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Got the same on a solo2 but not my other boxes. I just usb flashed and set up from scratch.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567