Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Difficulty flashing different images

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Thanks

Unhappy

Hi Again,

I thought I would add some images to explain what is happening. Just so you know, between each attempt, I have stopped the server and rebooted to stop any running processes. I have then accessed the server over ftp and deleted /newroot. I have refreshed the FileZilla page to confirm it has gone. I then stopped and rebooted the server a second time to check with Filezilla that the directory was not there.

I originally used a Vix image from online flashing facility download. I have now seen that only Quad 4K images are offered so this is why my Vix is Quad 4K based and I am not sure how to change that.

I have now downloaded the latest versions of both OpenVix and TeamBlue and moved them both via ftp to /media/hdd/imagebackups which can be seen from this image:

Vix 1.jpg

I have then tried to flash the machine using both images (remember that between each attempt I have gone though the cleanup process described above)

After the first attempt this is the message I receive:

Vix 2.jpg

If I then immediately try again (ie, no cleanup process, so /newroot now exists [confirmed by ftp as shown below]):

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 20.33.50.jpg

I get this message about /newroot:

Vix 3.jpg

It is the same result whether I use the correct Vix image for my machine, the latest TeamBlue version or the online download facility (I even tried Open Pli) version. I have just checked by trying all three again before posting this.

Abu suggested I have to usb flash it. I have taken the Vix image and extracted it to get the folder and file structure and placed it as instructed in the root of my USB. The machine recognises the image on the USB and starts the process. I press the power button and it immediately stalls, probably for the same reason that the GUI image attempts stall and fail.

I cannot find a reason why this is happening but it is and it is very frustrating It seems to me the only solution is to wipe the server from the machine using ftp (or something else) and then reinstall everything to a vanilla status but I do not know if this is feasible to do or how to do it.

Looking for ideas please. I have a very expensive brick on my table at the moment.

Geoff
    Geoff
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    GigaBlue Ultra Unicable SCR-LNB / 24 SCR - 2 Legacy UHD 4K LNB
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffatMM View Post
    Hi Again,

I thought I would add some images to explain what is happening. Just so you know, between each attempt, I have stopped the server and rebooted to stop any running processes. I have then accessed the server over ftp and deleted /newroot. I have refreshed the FileZilla page to confirm it has gone. I then stopped and rebooted the server a second time to check with Filezilla that the directory was not there.

I originally used a Vix image from online flashing facility download. I have now seen that only Quad 4K images are offered so this is why my Vix is Quad 4K based and I am not sure how to change that.

I have now downloaded the latest versions of both OpenVix and TeamBlue and moved them both via ftp to /media/hdd/imagebackups which can be seen from this image:

Vix 1.jpg

I have then tried to flash the machine using both images (remember that between each attempt I have gone though the cleanup process described above)

After the first attempt this is the message I receive:

Vix 2.jpg

If I then immediately try again (ie, no cleanup process, so /newroot now exists [confirmed by ftp as shown below]):

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 20.33.50.jpg

I get this message about /newroot:

Vix 3.jpg

It is the same result whether I use the correct Vix image for my machine, the latest TeamBlue version or the online download facility (I even tried Open Pli) version. I have just checked by trying all three again before posting this.

Abu suggested I have to usb flash it. I have taken the Vix image and extracted it to get the folder and file structure and placed it as instructed in the root of my USB. The machine recognises the image on the USB and starts the process. I press the power button and it immediately stalls, probably for the same reason that the GUI image attempts stall and fail.

I cannot find a reason why this is happening but it is and it is very frustrating It seems to me the only solution is to wipe the server from the machine using ftp (or something else) and then reinstall everything to a vanilla status but I do not know if this is feasible to do or how to do it.

Looking for ideas please. I have a very expensive brick on my table at the moment.

Geoff
    I will check out usb flashing tomorrow morning, just to check out the process (I normally only usb flash on receipt of a box - unless I can get round it) - cannot do it tonight.
    Will post any extra information.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K