Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Difficulty flashing different images

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Thanks
    More questions:

7. OpenVix has a network distribution server which I understand will work with Kodi using the PVR add-on. Kodi does not work on iPhones or other iApple devices. Is there an alternative player that will work on these items please?

8. Is the server the Sat > IP server that is discussed in GB manuals and passed over for their own GB Player? if so, is it complex to set up or can a relative simpleton achieve it? I have scanned the Vix manual version 1.1 but cannot see a reference to it.

Geoff
    110cms Triax Dish
    Inverto unicable + 2 legacy LNB IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-IPP
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    Teamblue 6.4 image

Title
    Thanks
    OK, searched the manual and the web and cannot find a multi boot guide. Probably one in German but that will not help me.

9. Does anyone have experience of trying to multi boot on this receiver? I have downloaded the Vix image but would prefer not to overwrite the TeamBlue image just yet if possible.

Geoff
    110cms Triax Dish
    Inverto unicable + 2 legacy LNB IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-IPP
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    Teamblue 6.4 image

Title
    Thanks
    Question

10. I have tried to follow this guide:

How to flash a Gigablue UHD UE 4K.

I placed the gigablue folder (6.0.001in the root of the USB (Kingston 4GB). This folder contains a folder called ue4k and within this folder are the boot files.

I tried to follow this link:

HP format tool http://www.pcworld.com/product/94626...rmat-tool.html

and got to a "Page not Found" message.

The other two links work but 7zip is (of course) a windows exe file only so for a Mac user like me it is of no value.

The receiver found and began the Vix flash after I pressed the power button it told me not to power off as it was flashing. The screen then went blank and nothing happened.

I waited several minutes, removed the USB stick and rebooted and the Teamblue logo returned so effectively no flash has taken place.

I then downloaded and tried 5.4.016 and exactly the same thing happened.

So the receiver is recognising the flash image and trying to use it but the machine is not allowing the flash to take place.

Have I done something wrong or missed a step? Or is it a fault in the machine?

Now stuck with Teamblue until someone can help me.

Geoff

PS:

I have tried to delete some of the user bouquets that arrived on the machine (based on a German scan I assume) and I get an Enigma error crash that forces a reboot of the receiver. I suspect that the flash memory is somehow write protected and that is stopping the flash. It may have been setup like that by Gigablue or I may have inadvertently done it when exploring the menus. is there a way to overcome this? Well, I am sure there is but can you'll me what it is! The system is allowing me to scan and save the results so perhaps it is only certain directories that are protected?

G
    Last edited by GeoffatMM; 11-11-21 at 00:45. Reason: Further information from testing