Quote Originally Posted by Satzone View Post
Just as a small test try pressing pause, wait a short time, then press play, then press stop. Does the message then come up about exiting/stopping timeshift? If it does then this at least confirms you really are in timeshift mode or not.

I've had a good try out of this over the past half an hour and for me it is working OK, I pause and it pauses, I wait a while and then press play and it starts playing back from *almost* the point of where it was paused though not quite, I would agree there is a slight jump maybe a second or so from the point of where the 'picture is paused to where the playback starts from but 100% not jumping back to live. If it is a really short timeshift/recording then I guess this small second or so jump on playback could give the impression of jumping back to live even though it's not, it becomes much less apparent the longer the pause/recording as it's then clear when you start playback from pause/timeshift that it really is timeshift you are watching and not live especially if/when you exit timeshift mode and go back to live.

Just for reference I have been using OpenVix 5.2 build 045 with a Kingston 4GB USB flash drive which I formatted to ext3/4 via the box/firmware.
OK, The time shift message comes up after pause/play/stop. I know I only initialised my HDD using the box, I have not formatted to ext 3/4. I'm using a Toshiba PCL200 500 GB internal HDD. HDWK105.

I'm using Openvix Ver. 6.3 build 0.

Timeshift settings:

Time shift Location : /media/hdd/time shift/
Auto record Location : /media/hdd/movie/
Enable Auto record : No
Automatically start time shift after : disabled