Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Flash Amiko HDD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysat View Post
    it jumps back to live TV when I press play. However, if I press pause again, it pauses just fine and starts to play from the correct position. In short, live pause only works for me if I press Pause-Play-Pause.
    Just as a small test try pressing pause, wait a short time, then press play, then press stop. Does the message then come up about exiting/stopping timeshift? If it does then this at least confirms you really are in timeshift mode or not.

I've had a good try out of this over the past half an hour and for me it is working OK, I pause and it pauses, I wait a while and then press play and it starts playing back from *almost* the point of where it was paused though not quite, I would agree there is a slight jump maybe a second or so from the point of where the 'picture is paused to where the playback starts from but 100% not jumping back to live. If it is a really short timeshift/recording then I guess this small second or so jump on playback could give the impression of jumping back to live even though it's not, it becomes much less apparent the longer the pause/recording as it's then clear when you start playback from pause/timeshift that it really is timeshift you are watching and not live especially if/when you exit timeshift mode and go back to live.

Just for reference I have been using OpenVix 5.2 build 045 with a Kingston 4GB USB flash drive which I formatted to ext3/4 via the box/firmware.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satzone View Post
    Just as a small test try pressing pause, wait a short time, then press play, then press stop. Does the message then come up about exiting/stopping timeshift? If it does then this at least confirms you really are in timeshift mode or not.

I've had a good try out of this over the past half an hour and for me it is working OK, I pause and it pauses, I wait a while and then press play and it starts playing back from *almost* the point of where it was paused though not quite, I would agree there is a slight jump maybe a second or so from the point of where the 'picture is paused to where the playback starts from but 100% not jumping back to live. If it is a really short timeshift/recording then I guess this small second or so jump on playback could give the impression of jumping back to live even though it's not, it becomes much less apparent the longer the pause/recording as it's then clear when you start playback from pause/timeshift that it really is timeshift you are watching and not live especially if/when you exit timeshift mode and go back to live.

Just for reference I have been using OpenVix 5.2 build 045 with a Kingston 4GB USB flash drive which I formatted to ext3/4 via the box/firmware.

I will set up two TVs with the same channel to establish the extent of the lag or jump. I'll come back to you tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satzone View Post

OK, The time shift message comes up after pause/play/stop. I know I only initialised my HDD using the box, I have not formatted to ext 3/4. I'm using a Toshiba PCL200 500 GB internal HDD. HDWK105.

I'm using Openvix Ver. 6.3 build 0.

Timeshift settings:

Time shift Location : /media/hdd/time shift/
    Auto record Location : /media/hdd/movie/
    Enable Auto record : No
    Automatically start time shift after : disabled

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    That can't be a release of OpenViX.

Title
    Thanks
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-bui...mbohdd_usb.zip

Sorry, that's the other TV pic I'm looking at to determine the gap in the live pause. This is the correct image I'm using.

Title
    Thanks
    That sounds like you are using OpenATV not OpenViX?
    You can download OpenViX from www.openvix.co.uk

Just a little confused now is the timeshift issue showing in ViX and ATV or just one or the other, if so which one?
    Last edited by Satzone; 08-08-19 at 23:43.

Title
    Thanks
    In the OpenVix 5.2 .045