Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by watchskies View Post
    My SF4008 arrived last week and I have to say I am a disappointed with the performance of this unit.

In my opinion my Mutant 2400 wipes the floor with it in regard to video performance I give the Mutant 97% and the Octagon 88%. They are both connected at 1080p to a Kuro plasma display Mutant running VIX Octagon Openatv 6.0.

Of course the SF4008 supports 4K but perhaps the scaler on the Octagon is having an adverse effect.

I am planning to get a 4K TV later in the year so only time will tell or perhaps when VIX is ready I will install on the SF4008 and let you know.
    Of course the SF4008 supports 4K but perhaps the scaler on the Octagon is having an adverse effect.

Have you updated your sf4008 with "atv 6" updates ?
    could be the reason.

Title
    Thanks
    Morning Guys.. just giving you an update.

Firstly let me set the scene by telling you the mutant is connected via a sky dish at the BACK of the house, the octagon is connected to a motorised dish on the SIDE of the house.

When I had time yesterday I got the ladders and checked the motorised dish, I found that the cables were not fully tightened so I retightened them and reset up USALS on the octagon, that did the trick the picture quality is now a match for the mutant and occasionally the fine detail looks better.

I watched "Andrew Marr" made me concentrate on the picture quality not the picture content

I am now happy with the octagon which is fully updated and cant wait till I get the 4k TV.

In conclusion "Bloody Doris"

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to watchskies For This Useful Post:

bassethound (26-02-17),john doe (26-02-17),rajigagi (27-02-17),Willo3092 (26-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by watchskies View Post
    Morning Guys.. just giving you an update.

Firstly let me set the scene by telling you the mutant is connected via a sky dish at the BACK of the house, the octagon is connected to a motorised dish on the SIDE of the house.

When I had time yesterday I got the ladders and checked the motorised dish, I found that the cables were not fully tightened so I retightened them and reset up USALS on the octagon, that did the trick the picture quality is now a match for the mutant and occasionally the fine detail looks better.

I watched "Andrew Marr" made me concentrate on the picture quality not the picture content

I am now happy with the octagon which is fully updated and cant wait till I get the 4k TV.

In conclusion "Bloody Doris"
    So nice to see someone report what they have done that fixes an issue

Title
    Thanks
    Has anyone been able to use an Octagon SF4008 multistream feature to receive all the French channels on 11509H (MIS1, MIS4 and MIS6) and 12648V (MIS1, MIS2 and MIS3), on 5W, or know for certain that this would be possible?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    I know there was chat about it on ATV, and the Octagon guy was involved, so i am assuming that it was all resolved.
    There is a thread you can follow or perhaps pick up by Google.
    Last edited by twol; 28-02-17 at 21:13.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

machare (28-02-17)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,978 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

machare (28-02-17),sasho (20-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Well thank you, for me it is probably a more useful feature than 4K as the are some channels that we might want to watch.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Gentleman
    Do you know if this box can do blindscan now, I heard they were working on it, just wonder if is operational already.
    Regards.
    Tunder

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunder View Post
    Hello Gentleman
    Do you know if this box can do blindscan now, I heard they were working on it, just wonder if is operational already.
    Regards.
    Tunder
    As far as I can see Cable only.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,131 Times in 2,737 Posts
    loving my box so far might even buy a second one for my bedroom cant think of any negatives so far even liking ATV 6 might not even try vix
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    loving my box so far might even buy a second one for my bedroom cant think of any negatives so far even liking ATV 6 might not even try vix
    am thinking same
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (03-03-17),dlmlus (03-03-17),el bandido (03-03-17),grizzuk (04-03-17),john doe (03-03-17),khan888 (03-03-17),rajigagi (03-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    After reading the posts in here about this box i decided to order 1 (from here ofc)
    can't wait to try it and vix5 out as well

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzuk View Post
    After reading the posts in here about this box i decided to order 1 (from here ofc)
    can't wait to try it and vix5 out as well
    You won,t be dissappointed !!

Title
    Thanks
    Hello
    I am a newbie to this thread. I am thinking of obtaining the Octagon SF4008, but there are some questions I need to ask
    - Is the digital output compatible the DAC's found in most stereo integrated amplifiers. Does it require the decoding of Dolby digital?
    - Is the VIX image fully operational?
    The picture taken from Antenne 2 looks great.
    Best wishes

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast