Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
Hi OP if its any consolation I have just got an xtrend 1000hd and have found same problem as you, poor pic quality. Did you resolve it and if so how? Also with the 4 tiners have you gone 2 x sat and 2 x C hybrid. There is a reference in manual that says a certain congig cant be used but it has me a bit stumped. I am awaiting 2 x hybrids. VIx image 4.1.16 or june cant recall exact numbers.
Nah, I never resolved it, the pic still looks soft in HD - and in the intervening months I've changed my TV and AV amp.

I'm loathe/lazy to reflash from scratch especially as I hear there are some probs with the latest openvix.

I have all 4 tuners working, I have the 2 hybrids side by side at the back left edge (A and B) and then the 2 sats together nearer the middle (C and D) and it all works fine (except I still have this annoying boot from deep standby to record and the unit will just remain on, NOT go back to normal standby while recording, meaning it won't return to deep standby when recording is finished - I have all my updates for channels/guide etc set for 4 in the morning so it shouldn't be that - ho hum, maybe I'll get round to flashing it at some point..)

Hope that helps.