Quote Originally Posted by scottmcmullan8 View Post
OK so here is some feedback.

Positives:

Fast box / boot time on Vix around 60 seconds from cold and 25-30 seconds from restart of GUI
Zapping is instant on channel change
It look's awesome - the front display impressed me and it's just a basic VFD display but for some reason I think it looks very slick and easy readable something that I never cared about before on a sat box but really is useful when you can actually read it.
Build quality also impressed me - looks and feels well built and expensive. No issues with hardware (of the actual box).
Picture quality is perfect - better than my last box I have noticed a big difference.

Negatives:

The remote control - don't get me wrong I am not knocking the design of the remote. In fact the design of the remote is probably the favourite of any remote I'v used (I have used technomate nano 3t and vu+solo2). All the buttons are in the right places and you know when you have pressed it, they are not too soft (spongey). However the issue I have is if you press the same key more than once in quick succession it won't register the second press. Here's an example: you are in the EPG menu and you want to go up two channels, so you quickly press UP UP - it won't register the second UP press and you will have to press again. This can become frustrating when navigating plugins or the EPG. I have learnt to press and hold for scrolling and it does help however having to alter the way you use a box to get it to work properly isn't ideal. I have tried amending the settings in the image but it doesn't make a difference. I have contacted miracle box and so have the guys at WOS so hopefully they can do some sort of driver update (not holding my breath) or you can get a universal remote if it really is a bug bearer.

Only other thing I would say is in the graphical EPG it maybe takes a millisecond longer to change pages than the nano 3t and the solo2 - but not noticeable at all. You have to try really hard to even notice it.

Verdict:

Even with this remote issue at present this box is amazing. With the speed and the ability to add and remove tuners it is future proof whilst also looking the business. I give it a thumbs up

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Did anything ever happen to fix the remote issue?