Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on cable receiver...

Title
    Thanks

Cool Advice on cable receiver...

hello all,
    all advice very much appreciated.... im looking at buying a cable receiver, and what im after is to be able to record and watch another channel,7 day epg.....very easy pleased.
    I currently use a vu duo+ , which i purchased from world of satellite..

cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What is your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Hiya, budget im anything from £99 to under £200, but with it been my first try down the cable route, entry level, and with the help of this forum if and when i get it so wrong.... its been a huge help in the past for me...

Title
    Thanks
    Hi mate. I use a Zgemma H2H and am very pleased with it. However it's my first receiver so there may be better ones available.

Title
    Thanks
    If using zgemma you will get no support on here and won't be able to use open vix so I would personally avoid them. I use a duo 2 but that would be over your budget but well worth it if you can stretch your budget

Title
    Thanks

Advice on cable receiver...

I would take a look at the Xtrend ET8500, a steal at them prices. Can find here >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-2x-DVB-C-T-T2 or the Vu+ SoloSE v2 >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-2x-DVB-C-T-T2
    The Xtrend can take an internal HDD whereas the Vu+ only takes an external HDD, but both receivers will let you watch one channel and record another channel.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I would take a look at the Xtrend ET8500, a steal at them prices. Can find here >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-2x-DVB-C-T-T2 or the Vu+ SoloSE v2 >> http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...-2x-DVB-C-T-T2
    The Xtrend can take an internal HDD whereas the Vu+ only takes an external HDD, but both receivers will let you watch one channel and record another channel.

Vu + Duo takes an internal HDD Andy, got one sitting in the bedroom with a 500 Gig HDD in it. Unsure about the Duo 2?

Title
    Thanks
    @cheapcod specifically asked about a cable receiver NOT satellite! Vu+ Duo doesn't do cable out the box, also I wouldn't recommend a Duo as they are old receivers and struggle with new images nowadays.

Title
    Thanks
    Have a duo 2 and a solo se v2.
    The solo is a little rocket..very snappy and you can get a dual tuner. Only downside no internal place for a hdd, but it has usb ports.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletts View Post
    If using zgemma you will get no support on here and won't be able to use open vix so I would personally avoid them. I use a duo 2 but that would be over your budget but well worth it if you can stretch your budget
    My mate has Zgemma and we put OpenVix on it and it works great. The box was around £90 and had both Sat tuner and Cable tuner. The picture quality is real sharp and the box is responsive to the remote control.

Title
    Thanks
    Zgemmas are terrible boxes , not worth pissing on, so slow and they will not run official openvix, they only run a doctored image of an old version of openvix, they will not receive updates.

Title
    Thanks
    Another vote for the vu+ solo se v2... big bonus - it can run full kodi.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cem View Post
    My mate has Zgemma and we put OpenVix on it and it works great. The box was around £90 and had both Sat tuner and Cable tuner. The picture quality is real sharp and the box is responsive to the remote control.
    Zgemma's are a pile of shite and NOT SUPPORTED BY VIX. You have a hacked version of ViX running and you won't get any support here. Sorry.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Zgemma's are a pile of shite and NOT SUPPORTED BY VIX. You have a hacked version of ViX running and you won't get any support here. Sorry.

Little bit harsh there Andy.
    I believe that prior to the H2 range they may have been "a pile of shite" however with the new chips and dual core there as good as any now. Regarding support fair enough they aren't officially vix supported but I've had LOADS of help on here, maybe the rest of the community aren't quite so evangelical in there distain for Zgemmas as yourself, and there's a few first class images such as ipab that DO officially support Zgemmas

Title
    Thanks
    You won't get any support for your Zgemma's, simples! Sorry. And they are still a pile of shite. lol. Obviously you haven't had a good receiver to compare.......

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

gerryfergus79 (21-07-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast