Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM Cannot read Data error on Gigablue hd ultra ue

Title
    Thanks

ABM Cannot read Data error on Gigablue hd ultra ue

Hi,
    I had my shiny new Gigablue ultra hd ue delivered from wos yesterday, after initial setup everything appeared to ge well, then i hit a snag...i installed the slyk sky skin, added my picon folder to root/hdd and then restarted the box.

It booted into vix, but then hung? so to cut a long story short i reflashed with the most up to date file from world of sat for my model, again everything appeared to go fine until i came to the ABM tune, It just wont have it? i get "cannot read data" error? but what is even more strange is that when i run a full scan, all channels are found, then it allowed me to run ABM to arrange the folders?

I hoped i was just a minor glitch, but then when it tried to run abm again, as scheduled it hit the "cannot read data" problem again?

I have since tried both flash files for the box, but am encountering the very same problem on both? frustrating to say the least on what should be an official image for whats considered a high spec unit?

Has anybody else encountered this? if so can they advise of a fix?

Thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,173 Times in 6,247 Posts
    Welcome to the forum.

Some users using cable have an issue and need to use the older driver/image for time being. However your post indicates this is a satellite issue.

Nobody can tell exactly what your problem is becuase there are too many variables. To avoid the confusion we ask people to add debug logs. See here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...port-questions

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, Thanks for your quick reply buddy, ill take a look and see what i can sort out.

Thank you!

Title
    Thanks
    mine also wouldn't work using cable or satellite try the 015 build that worked for me

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Some users using cable have an issue and need to use the older driver/image for time being. However your post indicates this is a satellite issue.

Nobody can tell exactly what your problem is becuase there are too many variables. To avoid the confusion we ask people to add debug logs. See here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...port-questions
    Any progress on this? I have just tried the latest OpenVix 4.1.009 on my Mutant HD2400 box and also got the "cannot read data" error when running ABM.
    Occasionally it would run but with many missing channels in the Cable bouquets.
    The box and signals are fine as a separate tune of cable and sat finds all the channels no problem.
    I had to go back to my Image and settings backups of 3.2.007 then again no problems running ABM.

Is there anyway to get the latest ABM and it's associated files without installing a new image?
    Do I just delete and reinstall the plugin or is there more to it than that?

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm having the same problem with my gigablue x3 on vix 4.1.016 cannot read data! It did the first time it couldn't read sky but could on cable?does putting a previous version of vix resolve the issue???