Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu tuner constantly locked

Title
    Thanks

Vu tuner constantly locked

Hi all I have had this box from when it was just released and only in the last few weeks this has happened.
    I currently have 3 sky tuners, one tuner is constantly running even when the box is off (means no longer leave box on overnight due to this), when checking my info shows streaming clients sky sports 3, i do not have an ipad or anything else streaming from my box.
    Means that I can only use 2 tuners atm unless im watching sky one/ some moves and sky sports 3. I have tried running the box with the lan cable out but this has made no difference. Can anyone guide me of how to get this fixed as i've been trying for a few days now with out successhttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/images/smilies/mad2.gif. I have re-flashed box and still the same.
    Any help would be great I have been using Vix for years and this has been the only bad issue.
    My current build
    latest Vix 4.1 build 001
    Python 2.7.11
    Kernel 3.13.5

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Are your ports open on your router?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Have you got Autobouquets maker set to autoscan every night?

I had the same issue on my Solo2, tuner b being constantly in use.
    I stopped Autobouquets maker from auto scanning and the issue rectified itself.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes Andy that was the issue I thought it was but due to the same issue when not connected to the Internet though me, wezlyons I do have abk to auto scan I will cancel that and see if it makes any difference and let you know. Thanks guys for the reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thought that someone was stealing my feed first what it looks like when someone goes on the iPad but the box just does not recognise it being switched off, when on sky sports 1,3 the box then just uses one tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that mate fingers cross that works so far so good

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,170 Times in 6,245 Posts
    This is usually a case of ports being forwarded on router and people helping themselves to what you are watching.

Title
    Thanks
    Thinks that was what it was just closed all ports and time to read up on securing them better lol. Thanks guys for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk