Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to improve the Graphical EPG screen

Title
    Thanks
    Assuming the Primary Bouquet was the first one loaded was just part of the first commit and is no longer the case, and I had always intended to make it user-selectable. Regardless, it's disabled by default and must be opt-in.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Although if you could also have an option to number all channels in bouquet order then that would be even better (for me).
    I don't know what you mean here. You turn on Channel Numbering, it shows the numbers for the relevant bouquet. This is activated by the "Service title mode" setting. In your case it would simply show the e.g. "News" bouquet if you had that open, and the channel numbers would be 130-169.

A completely separate setting is Primary Bouquet. Here's how it might work for you:
    • You set Primary Bouquet to "HD"
    • You open Graphical EPG for "News" bouquet
    • Where applicable, channel numbers are replaced with those from HD within the EPG. E.g. BBC News HD shows as 1xx instead of 3xx.
    • No changes are made to actual channel numbers, just how they're perceived in EPG.

In your case, it makes sense to just leave Primary Bouquet off and not worry about it. You may want to turn on Channel numbering however.

Quote Originally Posted by ketmp View Post
    Just checked and as it currently stands it looks like this has been replaced by zapping to a channel entered via number buttons.

I see two possible options here. Add a menu setting to enable zap to channel from epg as a yes/no. Choosing No obviously would keep original number key function in tact.

The other option is, and here I couldn't help, but is it possible to have original numbering key on long presses instead? If possible, @Abu Baniaz, do you think this would be a possible solution?
    In my mind there's only one possible option: the former. We must provide an option, and have previous behaviour by default, if we expect the Vix team to merge this without fear of backlash. I think that's completely fair. The same goes for scrolling by channel numbers. Adding an option seems like a simple add to me.

I'll work with ketmp to try and get everything needed to meet everyone's requirements.

In the mean time, bootloop crash on my tree should now be fixed. As always:
    Code:
    https://github.com/darkdreamingdan/enigma2/archive/Dev.zip (to ensure they're the latest files)

Relevant files (install over my previous .zip with skin mods):
    data/setup.xml -> usr/share/enigma2/setup.xml
    lib/python/Components/EpgList.py -> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/EpgList.py
    lib/python/Components/UsageConfig.py -> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/UsageConfig.py
    lib/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py -> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py
    lib/python/Screens/InfoBar.py -> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBar.py

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkdreamingdan For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-10-15),Andy_Hazza (19-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killercow View Post
    A completely separate setting is Primary Bouquet. Here's how it might work for you:
    • You set Primary Bouquet to "HD"
    • You open Graphical EPG for "News" bouquet
    • Where applicable, channel numbers are replaced with those from HD within the EPG. E.g. BBC News HD shows as 1xx instead of 3xx.
    • No changes are made to actual channel numbers, just how they're perceived in EPG.
    But each channel in my set-up only ever appears in one bouquet.

You may want to turn on Channel numbering however.
    Well, I might - but it's only going to do something useful for me if it can find a list of all channels - which I don't have in a single bouquet anywhere. Hence the suggestion that this list could be obtained from a bouquet file on the file system rather than a used bouquet, as to make it a bouquet it would have to be the first (to get the right numbers for Freeview) and then all of the sub-sections I have set-up would be wrong.
    Bear in mind that Freeview is the only provider I have, and it does have "defined" channels for each service.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,172 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Unless alternate numbering is on
    The way E2 works with regards to "numbering" is the numbers are cumulative. If there are no repeats and there are relevant place holders, the numbers will tally. There is no need to use any bouquet for numbering. On the other hand, where there is large first bouquet (encompassing the sections), the "channel number" in the subsequent bouquet will be the cumulative one. Depending on whether someone has not indexed on or not, will affect the "channel number" of the first channel in the enertainment bouquet.

For satellite, if the first bouquet is HD only/HD First, i.e only 1-100 are occupied, the first channel in the Entertainment bouquet will still be 101 and the rest will also tally. For Terrestrail, there is no space in 1-100, so any option other than "no" for the forst bouquet will throw things out of sync.

As E2 splits the services between TV and Radio and usually omits the data ones, this complicates maters. The Neutrino mode does things differently.

The Info Bar displays the chanenl number from the current bouquet. This is why it was simple and added. When you press the EPG button, or open the bouquets, you will be presented the bouquet from which the channel was selected. This is easy where the cumulative number is the same as there are no duplicates.

Now, if we have the large first bouquet, things start getting complicated.
    Navigate to the Sports bouquet. Select a channel. When you open the bouquets or press EPG, you will still be in the Sports bouquet because this is where you selected it from. However, if you key in 413, you will be taken to 413 in the cumulative "numbering system". If you now press TV or EPG, you will open up the the large first bouquet.

This is easy for those just using 28.2 and images that support place holders.

Not the very experienced with this, so I would be grateful for any corrections.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

darkdreamingdan (21-10-15)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,970 Times in 3,284 Posts
    This thread has got very mixed up. People need to start their own threads to avoid this.

There is no intention to reassign any buttons. Not sure why people are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Channel numbers in the G-EPG would be a nice optional edition, if, and only if, it follows E2's channel numbering. i.e. numbering additive from channel 1 in first bouquet, or if alternative numbering is on, numbering from 1 in the current bouquet.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Peterj (20-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ketmp View Post
    I agree. I was working of a mixture of previous amendments that had been done in this thread.

I'm sure it's prudent to only introduce one thing at a time. Maybe if you get yours working and signed off and if ok with powers that be, it gets released into Vix and if no problems we then introduce my customisation. I think merging both at same time would leave us with problems.

What do mods/admin think to this?

this is a good way imo
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-10-15),Huevos (21-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Hey guys

Thanks for abu baniaz for help testing. I have submitted a GitHub pull request to the team to merge this into the main development tree directly - should be just a button click away from being merged. It includes support for Channel Numbers and Primary Bouquet for 28.2 users.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/22

Manual installation provided at the bottom of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    But each channel in my set-up only ever appears in one bouquet.

Well, I might - but it's only going to do something useful for me if it can find a list of all channels - which I don't have in a single bouquet anywhere. Hence the suggestion that this list could be obtained from a bouquet file on the file system rather than a used bouquet, as to make it a bouquet it would have to be the first (to get the right numbers for Freeview) and then all of the sub-sections I have set-up would be wrong.
    Bear in mind that Freeview is the only provider I have, and it does have "defined" channels for each service.
    After reading this a few times, I finally understand the point you're making here. Unfortunately, it doesn't really apply to my use case so I had no interest in implementing it for myself. However, I do feel like the channel numbering has always been a lingering issue in E2 and had investigated a way to improve things. If there's some demand for it (more than just yourself), i'd be interested in coming with a universal solution that would be useful for all users, rather than the very 28.2-centric Primary Bouquet feature I created now.

My next job is to create a pull request for customisable keys for the Graphical EPG. I'm hoping providing no defaults are changed, and that everything is stable, that Vix will be willing to pull these as well. It'll provide some button customisation support to cater for the 27 pages and poll-winning 28.2 users who dislike the current layout.

MANUAL INSTALLATION:
    Code:
    SANS MATT007/BBBUK EPG BUTTON LAYOUT CUSTOMISATION
    https://github.com/darkdreamingdan/enigma2/archive/Dev.zip

lib/python/Components/EpgList.py -> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/EpgList.py
    lib/python/Components/UsageConfig.py -> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/UsageConfig.py
    lib/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py -> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelection.py
    Code:
    WITH MATT007/BBBUK EPG BUTTON LAYOUT CUSTOMISATION
    https://github.com/darkdreamingdan/enigma2/archive/98f5eb406f66e4012bbe4a3a432cddce58452ddf.zip

Relevant files (install over previous .zip with skin mods http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45055&d=1444608948):

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkdreamingdan For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-10-15),judge (21-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    You don't need to worry about Birdman's scenario. His numbers should work just fine.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You dont need to worry about Birdman's senario. His numbers should work just fine.
    True.
    I was just presenting my set-up as a situation that was probably a different scenario (one provider with provider-defined channel numbers).
    I can (and do) switch to channels using their channel number at the moment - but have no wish to do that from within the EPG. The only thing which would interest me would be to display these numbers in the EPG. I did once do something to the Graphical EPG which put the number sin there, but they took up so much space that the rest of the display (the channel name?) was adversely affected, so I removed them.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    For the time being, those wishing to add the numbers to Graphical EPG, these are the files needed. Extract and transfer the whole "usr" folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killercow View Post
    I have submitted a GitHub pull request to the team to merge this into the main development tree directly
    Thanks: I merged it, so we can test it in our dev-images the next couple of days.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    I have tested this. From my tests, I could not find a fault with it. No existing code was broken. I tested with alternate numbering on and off with several providers.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Guys, for now the merge has been temp reverted. We'd like to fully test this files posted.

OpenViX is for more than only 28.2. We need to look at how this affects all our users, not only our users using Astra 28.2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Does this file contain all the changes?

For now the merge has been temp reverted.
    Yes all the changes.

Tested with alternate numbering on and off. Using three providers in ABM. Using differnt the "primary bouquets". E2 numbering still adhered to. Just to be thorough, I made Sky Uk as the second provider. The existing behaviour of E2 numbering was fully respected. I deliberately selected the wrong bouquet as the primary bouquet, still adhered to.

Obviously one person's tests cannot encompass all eventualities and is limited. On the flip side, people wanting to reject something will always find a reason.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Guys, for now the merge has been temp reverted. We'd like to fully test this files posted.

OpenViX is for more than only 28.2. We need to look at how this affects all our users, not only our users using Astra 28.2.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point in the Dev branch to allow things to be tested - then it gets pushed the master? How can something be tested if there are no official builds for it. Fair enough if it's more about reviewing the code before merging though.

Cheers
    Last edited by darkdreamingdan; 22-10-15 at 09:31.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry to intrude to this conversation even never reading the posts. But I have to tell you one thing. Testing so many images in my boxes, the reason to come back to ViX is always the same. Excellent graphical epg. My favourite skin is Magic-HD-Noire

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast