Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Open vix hd Apollo skin

Title
    Thanks
    Virtual Keyboard dont work

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    yes it does
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honda-civic View Post
    Virtual Keyboard dont work
    In which screen/plugin?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Awesome skins, thanks

Will you please add the system plugin 'videoenhancement' aka 'Video Enhancement Settings' in the system menu.

I find that all Broadcom boxes push too much red so I like to adjust.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    is this skin in skins in online plugin feeds?

Title
    Thanks
    Whilst I like the overall look of the new skin, there are a few things that are making this difficult for me to use personally.

1) Font size for the bouquets/channels is bordering on too small. I would rather have a full height easily-readable list, than one in a small box that I struggle with. My TV is only 42" and I watch from 13 feet. Old skin was fine, size wise.

2) Blue font colour for programme information is a bit too dark, also not helped by fixed transparency background and smaller font. Tried to change the background transparency, but it made no difference.

3) Prefer the small-picture mode, rather than transparent background when previewing channels. I tended to leave a channel active in the small window, while I browsed for a new channel to watch. Don't mind it not being there in multi-EPG mode because I rarely use multi-EPG mode anyway.

All of these are personal issues, but they've made the simple task of changing channels just a bit more difficult than it used to be. I was tempted to tinker with the skin settings (software developer's instinct... must tinker ), but I am pretty clueless when it comes to finding files on my VU+ Uno, so I have no idea where they are.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edevs View Post
    is this skin in skins in online plugin feeds?
    Its only compatible with 1080 framebuffer receivers. What box you got?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    atm the HD-versions only have one skin available. If you don't like it, don't use ViX-HD, but the normal image.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeC22 View Post
    Whilst I like the overall look of the new skin, there are a few things that are making this difficult for me to use personally.

1) Font size for the bouquets/channels is bordering on too small. I would rather have a full height easily-readable list, than one in a small box that I struggle with. My TV is only 42" and I watch from 13 feet. Old skin was fine, size wise.

2) Blue font colour for programme information is a bit too dark, also not helped by fixed transparency background and smaller font. Tried to change the background transparency, but it made no difference.

3) Prefer the small-picture mode, rather than transparent background when previewing channels. I tended to leave a channel active in the small window, while I browsed for a new channel to watch. Don't mind it not being there in multi-EPG mode because I rarely use multi-EPG mode anyway.

All of these are personal issues, but they've made the simple task of changing channels just a bit more difficult than it used to be. I was tempted to tinker with the skin settings (software developer's instinct... must tinker ), but I am pretty clueless when it comes to finding files on my VU+ Uno, so I have no idea where they are.

no probs

1. you change the number of rows and font size in the settings to suit your needs.

2. ive tried to keep a couple of tones of colour, maybe i can lighten up the darker tone

3. yes a few people like the mini-tv, but it doenst fit into the way i want this skin to look, the next skin for sure will have a mini-tv.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

duoduo (15-11-14),LeeC22 (16-11-14),mcquaim (15-11-14),Newtix (16-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 886 Posts
    Question regarding the picon display on the LCD (GB Quad Plus specifically). Is it a styling choice that the picon display occupies the full screen (400x240), rather than being shown in a smaller size with the time, progress bar and the various HD, Dolby, Recording icons being shown also? The original ViX skin had this as the default in the LCD picon display - I know as I worked on it
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    yes i changed it from when i was building the image/skin on my quad/quadplus

too small the text with picon on aswell, so i just made the picon the full size.

i can replace the original one back same a normal vix if ya want as i dont use a gigablue anymore so im not bothered.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

Newtix (16-11-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @rossi2000, think you may of overlooked my post in the flurry of other posts that quickly followed.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post325730

Could you please acknowledge

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    no probs

1. you change the number of rows and font size in the settings to suit your needs.

2. ive tried to keep a couple of tones of colour, maybe i can lighten up the darker tone

3. yes a few people like the mini-tv, but it doenst fit into the way i want this skin to look, the next skin for sure will have a mini-tv.
    Ah, I tried changing the font size, and nothing changed... it had just occurred to me that there are two restart modes, GUI and system. Just done a GUI restart and the font size has changed. Sorry, I saw one thing marked with a *, and at the bottom it said *=restart, so didn't think it applied to font sizes. I've not had to change any of these settings before, so I hadn't really looked into how they worked... something new I have learned today.

I know what you mean about point 3. It's always likely to be controversial when you remove a commonly used function for design reasons. As I've discovered in many years of game design, even the most perfect design won't please everyone. Designer's curse I'm afraid.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Changing the number of rows and the fontsize take effect immediately; no restart is required.
    The footnote about the restart indeed only applies to items marked with an '*'.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hi Rossi.

Dunno if this is a bug or not. When I press down and lets say I'm in the Films Bouquet and I press EPG on lets say Sky Comedy, this gives you a 7 day guide on this one channel, on previous images I could scroll right to the end and then it would start from the beginning again, but with the hd image it stops at the end and doesn't start again.

Brilliant skin btw.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast