Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ViX 1.3 Why A New Version?

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fulabeer View Post

I think most decent people appreciate the effort required to develop these images.
    I dont see the point in asking anything about V1.3. Of course everyone is waiting to see whats its like and what it can do.. I aint a member of the team.. but it does piss me off with people asking.. "When can we have blah blah blah" .. "When will we get blah blah blah".. When will V1.3 be ready

People gotta understand that the VIX team have family as well and they also need to spend time with them as well.. and also do the things all of us do to chill out..

The image will be released when its ready.. So give the guys a break.. and make use of what you have instead of having a moan about what you dont have..

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

andyblac (22-11-10),E2Royal (21-11-10),Larry-G (21-11-10),Maxwell (21-11-10),silverfox0786 (21-11-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    I dont see the point in asking anything about V1.3. Of course everyone is waiting to see whats its like and what it can do.. I aint a member of the team.. but it does piss me off with people asking.. "When can we have blah blah blah" .. "When will we get blah blah blah".. When will V1.3 be ready

People gotta understand that the VIX team have family as well and they also need to spend time with them as well.. and also do the things all of us do to chill out..

The image will be released when its ready.. So give the guys a break.. and make use of what you have instead of having a moan about what you dont have..
    i totally and absolutely agree mate, sadly however it's been that way since day one and will always be the same.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

andyblac (22-11-10),harryoz (21-11-10),Mr. Mister (21-11-10),silverfox0786 (21-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i totally and absolutely agree mate, sadly however it's been that way since day one and will always be the same.
    like pheonix said its in mans nature. i remember when ixtremeLT was being developed it was a nightmare with questens of when in fact i remeber a post by c4eva saying he is fed up of it all and is packing it in dont follow it much any more though and again with the greenpoison jailbreak same s**t different app lol all the when questions made your head hurt
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (21-11-10),Mr. Mister (21-11-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    like pheonix said its in mans nature. i remember when ixtremeLT was being developed it was a nightmare with questens of when in fact i remeber a post by c4eva saying he is fed up of it all and is packing it in dont follow it much any more though and again with the greenpoison jailbreak same s**t different app lol all the when questions made your head hurt
    yeah tell me about it mate. i was part of the team that broke the xbox 1 way way back and my head still hurts now.

you know what ?. it would be best for all man kind if we just locked our devs in a dark room and beat them with sticks untill they came up with the goods LOL.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    yeah tell me about it mate. i was part of the team that broke the xbox 1 way way back and my head still hurts now.

you know what ?. it would be best for all man kind if we just locked our devs in a dark room and beat them with sticks untill they came up with the goods LOL.
    oh really what part did you do i still have 3 xbox1s 2 black and 1 crystal all soft and hard modded with OLED on them from team x
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry i asked the question now, i think people just take things far too seriously and think we are stamping our feet demanding the new image ,in my case ( and just about everyone else) thats far from the truth we all understand that Andy and the team are hard at work tinkering and fine tuning.
    All the questions asked about the release were all light hearted anyway hence the use of smiley's
    Vix 1.3 will be here soon we all know that as they have told us ,i can't see why asking if its finish and nearly ready for use is out of order, a little info about whats happing isn't that harsh surely.
    Anyway thats my last word on the matter in fear of upsetting anyone else

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bob1 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Maybe its time for the mods/admin to start dishing out infractions for this type of thing..??

Thats will kill the asking stupid questions right away..

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    oh really what part did you do i still have 3 xbox1s 2 black and 1 crystal all soft and hard modded with OLED on them from team x
    i was part of the team that first dumped a original disc to the hdd of the console allowing the iso to then be FTP'd to the pc to be burnt to blank media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    Maybe its time for the mods/admin to start dishing out infractions for this type of thing..??
    Thats will kill the asking stupid questions right away..
    lol it'll never work. but it's always fun to dish out infractions to those who deserve it though.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (21-11-10),silverfox0786 (22-11-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    guys we are all singing from the same hymn sheet...

its great people are asking cos if there was ni interest that would be even worse....but true let it happens when it happens

so we all want the same thing

Ojustaboo
    Quote Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
    Sorry i asked the question now, i think people just take things far too seriously and think we are stamping our feet demanding the new image ,in my case ( and just about everyone else) thats far from the truth we all understand that Andy and the team are hard at work tinkering and fine tuning.
    All the questions asked about the release were all light hearted anyway hence the use of smiley's
    Vix 1.3 will be here soon we all know that as they have told us ,i can't see why asking if its finish and nearly ready for use is out of order, a little info about whats happing isn't that harsh surely.
    Anyway thats my last word on the matter in fear of upsetting anyone else
    Yep I agree 100%

reading most peoples questions so far, they haven't been harrasing, just curious etc.

It's begining to feel like a us and them situation where should anyone dare ask a question, we have scorn poured on it by someone (usually with a blue name).

It was 13 days ago now I think that we were told "if all goes well we should be releasing load of updates online tomorrow". I had a few problems a couple of days ago and needed to reflash. I felt like asking a simple question "hi guys, any news on the update, need to reflash, but will hold off if it's iminent" but was scared (well scared is the wrong word but you know what I mean) to do so. That simply shouldn't be the case on the support forum. If people are hesitant about asking simple honest questions, then they will end up going to another forum.

I appreciate the hard work Andy does, I know exactly what people are talkng about when they say others give up due to constantly being hassled etc. But what we've seen on this forum doesn't even come close to that.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    Yep I agree 100%

reading most peoples questions so far, they haven't been harrasing, just curious etc.

It's begining to feel like a us and them situation where should anyone dare ask a question, we have scorn poured on it by someone (usually with a blue name).

It was 13 days ago now I think that we were told "if all goes well we should be releasing load of updates online tomorrow". I had a few problems a couple of days ago and needed to reflash. I felt like asking a simple question "hi guys, any news on the update, need to reflash, but will hold off if it's iminent" but was scared (well scared is the wrong word but you know what I mean) to do so. That simply shouldn't be the case on the support forum. If people are hesitant about asking simple honest questions, then they will end up going to another forum.

I appreciate the hard work Andy does, I know exactly what people are talkng about when they say others give up due to constantly being hassled etc. But what we've seen on this forum doesn't even come close to that.
    yep that my point....were not harrasing...we look up to these guys and so our questions are a real compliment to the boys....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to satsatsat For This Useful Post:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojustaboo View Post
    Yep I agree 100%

i don't agree with that statement at all.

as it has been said countless times we will get the update as and when the people making it feel it is ready to be released, no sooner, and people demanding it will not make it get here any sooner as a result.

this forum like all forums is her for a purpose, that purpose being the sharing of knowledge and the betterment of the chosen subject within the confines of the group.
    the problem as i see it is the total unwillingness of a small number of people to do things for them selves. i'm not thinking of just the topic in this particular thread but the forum as a whole.
    simple things such as reading a few pages to find the answer you need come to mind. as for harassment. i have read this thread from start to Finnish and i have yet to see any example of harassment levied towards any member.

Ojustaboo
    ithe problem as i see it is the total unwillingness of a small number of people to do things for them selves. i'm not thinking of just the topic in this particular thread but the forum as a whole.
    Using that sort of thinking we could dispense with 97% of all internet forums relating to all subjects.

99% of any question asked in any forum by anyone has already been answered and could be found with a decent google search.

Someone knowledgeable in a particular area can usually google something and find the answer in seconds. While someone new, who doesn't know exactly what they are asking or looking for, could end up googling for hours for such an answer (or searching a forum) and it ends up a complete minefield for them, the alternative is for them to ask on a friendly forum and get a polite-full helpful answer.

I've worked in system management in Unix environments most of my life, one of the things we always tell trainee people is if they don't know, ask. Nothing worse than someone spending 2 hours searching for an answer when they could have asked someone and that person spend 20 secs telling them what they needed to know.

as for harassment. i have read this thread from start to Finnish and i have yet to see any example of harassment levied towards any member.
    So why did satsatsat feel the need to write post no 99, or why did bob1 in post no 96 feel the need to say "Anyway thats my last word on the matter in fear of upsetting anyone else"
    Or why did E2Royal feel the need in post 87 to say "I think the post by fintannl was very fair" etc etc etc

You might not see it but others are feeling it.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ojustaboo For This Useful Post:

fulabeer (23-11-10),MKD (22-11-10),RogerThis (22-11-10)

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    ok, guy's lets all calm down and take a step back, this is starting go around in circles, no one is saying people can't ask questions, but it is just certain questions have been asked and answered lots of times, i for one am not bothered how many times someone asks when will it be ready, because the answer will be the same every-time ' when it is ' . so let me say this i have learned my lesson not to give any public updates at all, if it is going to get like this evertime. i was just trying to let people know that we where working hard trying fix and update the image, and to give a progress report. but after all this, i won't be doing that again. now lets drop the subject and move on. you will have it when it's ready .

Andy.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

22. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

akhtarmoughal (24-11-10),Alanp (29-11-10),charm (24-11-10),delahzo (25-11-10),distking (24-11-10),dmgp (23-11-10),DrProzac (25-11-10),el_zari (25-11-10),fintannl (23-11-10),G4TKR (26-11-10),guff daddy (23-11-10),irishchris (23-11-10),jd58 (26-11-10),Larry-G (23-11-10),lscolman (24-11-10),mickbrush (23-11-10),micscave (24-11-10),Mr. Mister (25-11-10),raedkuwait (26-11-10),RogerThis (23-11-10),Sicilian (23-11-10),silverfox0786 (23-11-10),Tkr001 (30-11-10),Vinnieb (24-11-10),ynwa (24-11-10)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567