Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stable drivers?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    The drivers from 697 should be useable on our current build 715 (they may even be the same as current ones, not sure what build we included newest drivers on), so if you're happy with them, maybe worth a try.
    Make a backup of /lib/modules/3.5.3/extra/bcmlinuxdvb.ko

Fresh flash build 715 & overwrite the backed up driver if it is different.

nice one guys thanks for the info

As pheonix says, the TM2T is a great box, if only TM could get a kernel/driver combo correct.

The drivers started flaking out when they finally got various media playback working, since those updates there have been various live TV & recording issues.
    The current drivers are a bit better on the recording issues, but re-introduce old media play back issues (not as bad though) & live TV sound sync issues.

However, not everyone is experiencing these problems & they seem to happen randomly which makes it harder to fix.
    nice one guys thanks for the info

Title
    Thanks
    I love this box but the new updates seemed to be full of glitches.... so I am using build 684 and everything is working fine for me on this one if that is of any use....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to willyc For This Useful Post:

rinaldi1 (10-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I to have this box and I have to agree when its working right its a blinding box but and after flashing to the newest image I was left with no chose but to revert back to a older image. Just a thought but is there anything us TM users can do to speed this new driver/kernel update through i.e email TM and moan like hell or something along those lines ?

jigsy

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    TM are well aware of the issues, but by all means do feel free to contact them & let them know your expierences.
    Unfortunately for us, we're still playing a waiting game.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm currently using VIX image 715 on my 2T. All is well and dandy apart from recording!

What the hell is wrong with TM, ffs!

The recording (I record HD) causes the channels to stutter. I have a 750gb seagate SATA hard drive which runs at 7200rpm. I have formatted it etc but still get the same issues.

Is this a confirmed issue and can anyone help with this, please?

Title
    Thanks
    I just upgraded to the latest image and all is fine except that all my recordings are blank. They show the correct playback time and the recording is playing but there is no picture or sound. So I guess its back to 684 image for me...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I find that my 2t behaves reasonably well when you actually flash it with the new image, the drivers seem to work better that what they do with downloading. I have had only one blank recording in the past three weeks, no stutter whatsoever on HD channels and Lip sync is fixed when a system restart, and this is sorted for a few days at a time.

I am using build 717 (built in driver set) downloaded straight from vix.

This was a complete fresh flash and did not use the wizard to restore settings, this was done manually.

The only other thing I did was to delete crossepg when enigma was stopped using a telnet session.

Box has been pretty stable, all autotimer recordings functioning properly from both the 2t upstairs and downstairs
    Last edited by scottmcroberts; 17-08-13 at 09:45.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don`t want to keep banging on about the fact build 385 from technomate is near perfect with no issues at all to mention, for me if there is nothing wrong with that build then why keep changing it, I do realise they may have to do some changes but on the whole why mess about with it as much as they do, just going on the build count they`ve messed around with it more than 400 times since 385, thats why I have tried using some of the latest but always revert back to 385 for the most stable version that they have offered, rant over and if anyone wants to try it pm me and I`ll send it you
    Last edited by nipperlocko; 19-08-13 at 16:22.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,936 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Technomate have nothing at all to do with the ViX builds other than the drivers and kernel they supply us with, if you want to know what each new build provides over the previous read the changelog.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...3.0/e2-git.log

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...3.0/oe-git.log

as for you sending images to people, no thanks we have our own repository here.

http://openvix.co.uk/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    This is getting ridiculous. I am trying the 4D image latest one dated 19.07.13 and even that has issues.

I paid over £200 for this bloody box. What a joke.

I think I want to sell this one and use the proceeds and more to get a VU+DUO. Can someone advise me the quickest way to do so? Thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,936 Times in 12,378 Posts
    you could advertise it in the for sale section on the forum or ebay may be the better option.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanwar View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. I am trying the 4D image latest one dated 19.07.13 and even that has issues.

I paid over £200 for this bloody box. What a joke.

I think I want to sell this one and use the proceeds and more to get a VU+DUO. Can someone advise me the quickest way to do so? Thanks.
    Korean driver dev's are in the UK working to fix all outstanding driver issues.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-08-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    The driver developers are activly working on all the issues we've let them know about again, so hopefully soon, we might have decent working drivers.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

rinaldi1 (19-08-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Please keep us posted on any developments, thanks. I love my 2t oe even though it can be frustrating at times!!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by willyc View Post
    I just upgraded to the latest image and all is fine except that all my recordings are blank. They show the correct playback time and the recording is playing but there is no picture or sound. So I guess its back to 684 image for me...
    Couldn't see 684 in the download section, so plumped for 683 which seems stable atm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast