Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigablue quad with 1 fixed dish and 1 motorised dish!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hakkers1977 View Post
    U don't understand my problem here,......
    Correct. But tbh: not surprising as now is the first time you give a complete story.

.... when I'm using my 1.2m motorised dish with twin lnb that I connect as tuner A advanced and tuner B second cable of motorised lnb A in lnb config I get every satellite in the arc and I can record one channel or two while watching another with a very good signal, but when I use my mini dish as Astra in tuner a simple single astra28"e and my motorised dish as tuner b usals with my coordinates I get nothing from that tuner and motor don't move .....
    So it seems that tuner B is then still connected to the second cable. Of course the cable that goes to the motor should be connected to the tuner.

.......but when I config tuner b as advanced with all satellites numbers according to my positioner ...
    Position numbers? I thought you were using USALS

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Correct. But tbh: not surprising as now is the first time you give a complete story.

Sorry about that?

So it seems that tuner B is then still connected to the second cable. Of course the cable that goes to the motor should be connected to the tuner.

Yes and yes it's connected to the cable that's going to the positioner first then to the lnb, the motor is moved by the Gbox via 36v 5 wire cable

Position numbers? I thought you were using USALS
    No! When chose usals I get no movement at all only when I use advanced with the sats positions that I get he dish to move to the satellites but I don't get any signal.

Btw sorry for the late replay I was very busy today tanks.

chucknorris666
    Ok mate now you have gave a full story, i get what you mean now`i have my motor connected to tuner A set up as advanced but still use usals, my fixed dish is set to tuner B set up as simple single 28.2e. hears some screen shots of my settings give them a try mate, i have no problem whatsoever regarding movement or signal quality

screenshot2013011821221.jpgscreenshot2013011821230.jpgscreenshot2013011821233.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chucknorris666 For This Useful Post:

hakkers1977 (10-06-13)

chucknorris666
    although the advanced setting says 28.2e in the pic i have this set up for all the other sats that i am able to get in my area. so you just press left and right in satellite bit and enable/disable whatever ones you want

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chucknorris666 For This Useful Post:

hakkers1977 (10-06-13)

chucknorris666
    U don't understand my problem here, when I'm using my 1.2m motorised dish with twin lnb that I connect as tuner A advanced and tuner B second cable of motorised lnb A in lnb config I get every satellite in the arc and I can record one channel or two while watching another with a very good signal, but when I use my mini dish as Astra in tuner a simple single astra28"e and my motorised dish as tuner b usals with my coordinates I get nothing from that tuner and motor don't move but when I config tuner b as advanced with all satellites numbers according to my positioner when I zab to a satellite the dish gos for it but I don't get a signal and when try to record one Chanel and watch another I can only watch the Chanel I'm taping but the dish stil moves to a difirent satellite if I zap to it while I'm taping on 28"e, that's my problem getting a fixed and motorised dishes to work.
    also as rob says when you are connecting your fixed dish to tuner a/b make sure you have the correct cable from the motor connected to the other tuner ie (from motor to box) not from lnb to box

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chucknorris666 For This Useful Post:

hakkers1977 (10-06-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chucknorris666 View Post
    Ok mate now you have gave a full story, i get what you mean now`i have my motor connected to tuner A set up as advanced but still use usals, my fixed dish is set to tuner B set up as simple single 28.2e. hears some screen shots of my settings give them a try mate, i have no problem whatsoever regarding movement or signal quality

screenshot2013011821221.jpgscreenshot2013011821230.jpgscreenshot2013011821233.jpg
    Tank u very much I will try that setup later the missus is watching the soaps now.

chucknorris666

Gigablue quad with 1 fixed dish and 1 motorised dish!

I don't think it really matters which tuner you have the motor connected to as long as you have preferred tuner set to auto in menu > set up > system > customise.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chucknorris666 View Post

One ore question? How dose it work for u when ur recording something on 28"e and want watch a match on sky Calcio 13"e? Dose not recording take priority in that case tuner A?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    When set to 'auto' the box will first use the tuner with the least number of satellites (i.e. the fixed dish), leaving as many satellites free for watching/recording.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

chucknorris666

Gigablue quad with 1 fixed dish and 1 motorised dish!

One ore question? How dose it work for u when ur recording something on 28"e and want watch a match on sky Calcio 13"e? Dose not recording take priority in that case tuner A?
    No mate I have the preferred tuner set to auto. If I'm watching something on 28e its always tuner b but if I record what I'm watching then change channel or sat etc the it will go to tuner a and the motor will move to what ever channel I zapped

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12