Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Decisions decisions please advise

Title
    Thanks

Decisions decisions please advise

Hi all,

I have a 90cm motorised setup which I had installed last summer purely for the football and have been using a dm800HD clone which I got cheap for the last 12 months or so, and it has done its job. It looks like it is about to pack up to be honest so I need to replace it.

I am on a very strict budget with a max of £150 (really pushing it) but want to spend as little as possible but get as much bang for buck as I can. Due to financial constraints (salary cut in half) I have had cable removed so need to find a box with an image that the missus can get on with, a decent EPG, easy to use etc. Heard good things about VIX images but to be honest wouldnt know where to start.

Please recommend me a box and image that fits within the budget and is reasonably quick, doesnt crash all the time, and will last.

Many thanks!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    As we are a Vix forum i would say the best image is VIX the EPG is spot on and usability is on par.

As for a box for around your price Range the MaxDigital XP1000 at 134.99 (with sponser discount) is a brilliant little box, i may self half one as a second box

you could also look at the Venton Unibox HD1+ a little bit out of you price range but can accommodate twin tuners i believe

Again Technomate TM-Single is a little out of your price range.. also a cracking box but is single tuner but does have know recording issues
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    MX1000 is really the best value for money, if you can afford a little bit more go for the TM-Single as if has more USB ports and can take an internal HDD
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. So if I could stretch to £170 which box would you recommend?

Once it is in setup, and running, I don't mess with it other than to update it, so I am really looking for speed, stability, and ease of use for the missus.

Thanks again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uknutz View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. So if I could stretch to £170 which box would you recommend?

Once it is in setup, and running, I don't mess with it other than to update it, so I am really looking for speed, stability, and ease of use for the missus.

Thanks again.
    Go for the TM-Single, it has a duel core cpu too
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    OK well just ordering a TM_Single as we speak. Hopefully its the right choice lol.

Cheers for your help.

Title
    Thanks
    Further to this thread I am also looking to buy a better box at the moment i have an AMiko Alien SHD8900 and want to upgrade to a twin tuner enigma 2 box that can take an internal hard drive.

My absolute maximum budget is £250.00

Have been tossing up with a Technomate TM Twin or a VU+ duo or possible a tm 2T any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Ordered the TM-Single but its out of stock, so I am having the Venton Unibox HD1+ sent instead.

Really hope its as good as the TM-SINGLE.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uknutz View Post
    Ordered the TM-Single but its out of stock, so I am having the Venton Unibox HD1+ sent instead.

Really hope its as good as the TM-SINGLE.
    i think the venton is better than the single tbh but dont quote me on that!!

Quote Originally Posted by rikksow View Post
    Further to this thread I am also looking to buy a better box at the moment i have an AMiko Alien SHD8900 and want to upgrade to a twin tuner enigma 2 box that can take an internal hard drive.

My absolute maximum budget is £250.00

Have been tossing up with a Technomate TM Twin or a VU+ duo or possible a tm 2T any ideas?
    i would also take a look and the venton but the midel range one. i wouldnt recomend the Duo as i have a TM-twin and find it flawless!! chose that over the duo
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

10. The Following User Says Thank You to josh_g For This Useful Post:

rikksow (05-06-13)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    @uknutz..

You will be happy with the Venton buddy.. I aint had one.. But getting the HD2 or HD3 in the next few days..

@rikksow

In the sponsors website.. ( ... Click Here ... )Have a look at the Venton HD2.. They supposed to be fantastic.. I cant wait to get mine.. Failing that.. You will not got wrong with a Duo..

And both well within budget..
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 05-06-13 at 14:10.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

rikksow (05-06-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,937 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: Decisions decisions please advise

[QUOTE=uknutz;217636]Ordered the TM-Single but its out of stock, so I am having the Venton Unibox HD1+ sent instead.

Really hope its as good as the TM-SINGLE. [/QUOTE ]

Although I dont have the venton, on paper its specs are great for the money and well worth a look over the TM single if only for the second tuner slot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Excellent, thanks guys. Sort of put my mind at rest!

I guess the lack of action in the Venton section of the forum was putting me off, especially as the only thread with any posts in was of a broken box