Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Recommended plugins for Solo 2

Title
    Thanks

Cool Recommended plugins for Solo 2

Bought a Solo 2 last week & am very impressed so far, a big improvement on the duo which I also own. Just wondered which plugins people use on Openvix image, what are the most popular/recommended plugins? Any new plugins exclusively for the Solo 2? Never really took interest in them until now. The only one which I have tried is the 'Movie Browser' plugin as it has been mentioned in a previous post, so far very impressive. Not sure if this is the best place to mention but in terms of mkv file playback the Solo 2 certainly seems smoother than the duo, it's just a shame that you can't rewind/fast forward mkv's with the default video player. This was understandable with the duo as it only had a 400mhz processor however the Solo 2 has a far superior spec with a 1.3ghz dual core cpu. Maybe this will be resolved with a future image? Are there any media player plugins which can resolve this issue? Big thanks to the Openvix team for all their hard work.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: Recommended plugins for Solo 2

the type off box you are using shouldn't really affect if you can rewind an mkv file. I'm using a duo and I have several mkv which I can rewind/ fast forward.

It comes down to how you're mkv's were compiled. Remember mkv is only a container.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Thanks
    Ok which format would you suggest I convert the files to? Would like to keep the audio as it is. I don't have any issues with rewinding/forwarding on my Samsung smart tv.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: Recommended plugins for Solo 2

I would try and use handbrake to recode them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif