Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Running 2 receivers off homeplugs

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Running 2 receivers off homeplugs

A quick question guys, a friend of mine wants to run 2 receivers in 2 seperate rooms. She has one running now using Devolo 85mps homeplugs, which works flawlessly.

He has just bought a second receiver, but doesnt know if she should buy another set of the same Devolo homeplugs and

1) have one connected at the router and 1 at the other end at each receiver

or

2) have 2 plugs running from the router, and 1 at each receiver

or

3) buy a different brand of homeplug and have it conntected at the router and the other at the second receiver, so as to have the two receivers running entirely off different homeplug connections

Im not up to speed in relation to the technology behind these homeplugs, apart from knowing that they work through the electrical sockets as opposed to wirelessly....... but i was thinking option 1?
    Last edited by deckymckeown; 10-01-13 at 18:58.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,904 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deckymckeown View Post
    A quick question guys, a friend of mine wants to run 2 receivers in 2 seperate rooms. She has one running now using Devolo 85mps homeplugs, which works flawlessly.

He has just bought a second receiver, but doesnt know if she should buy another set of the same Devolo homeplugs and

1) have one connected at the router and 1 at the other end at each receiver

or

2) have 2 plugs running from the router, and 1 at each receiver

or

3) buy a different brand of homeplug and have it conntected at the router and the other at the second receiver, so as to have the two receivers running entirely off different homeplug connections

Im not up to speed in relation to the technology behind these homeplugs, apart from knowing that they work through the electrical sockets as opposed to wirelessly....... but i was thinking option 1?
    Normally you have one master which will drive one or more extensions.
    In fact I have just bought a new set (master plus 2 extensions) and the master also quite happily drives another vendors existing extension.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

deckymckeown (10-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have 500mbps homeplugs on a gigablue quad downstairs and a giga se upstairs.The homeplug downstairs is a 4 port one so also has the smart tv connected,all work without problems.I 1st tried the 85mbps ones and couldnt get them to work on my network with the internet speed i have.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Running 4 here, 3 ebuyer value packs and one TPLink, most important thing is to have the right standard and chipset otherwise will not talk to each other.

You will need one for the router and one for each box so 3 in total.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    try to get the 200mbps and not the 85mbps as i have found that they can not cope with streaming , and make sure they are on the same ring main circiut , hope it helps
    Vu + Duo , 1.5tb hard drive installed , 1.2 channel master dish , 1224 jagger motor , alsat g box , quad lmb prime focus , diablo cam 2.3 , diablo wi-fi cam, te-rex cam, dragon cam, cas 3 , technomate 6900 super stb , manhattan stb

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cwebb66 For This Useful Post:

deckymckeown (12-01-13)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwebb66 View Post
    try to get the 200mbps and not the 85mbps as i have found that they can not cope with streaming , and make sure they are on the same ring main circiut , hope it helps

Don't need to be on the same ring circuit as long as its the same fusebox.

I have 3 and one is on the new ring main and works fine.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

deckymckeown (12-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: Running 2 receivers off homeplugs

I'm running these on different ring main but same fuse box too, no problems what so ever

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyblueys For This Useful Post:

deckymckeown (12-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well they do recommend useing the same ring , but if they work off a differnt ring all well and good , i also have 3 running or it could be 4
    Vu + Duo , 1.5tb hard drive installed , 1.2 channel master dish , 1224 jagger motor , alsat g box , quad lmb prime focus , diablo cam 2.3 , diablo wi-fi cam, te-rex cam, dragon cam, cas 3 , technomate 6900 super stb , manhattan stb