Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: recording issues

leechy

recording issues

Hi wonder if anyone can help when i press record on the program i am watching it records fine but when i try to set up a future timer it says it is recording but when i try to watch it back it is blank.

leechy
    HI guys still cant crack this i have changed file paths but still same starting to think hard drive could be problem would it help to go to ext4 ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    No issues what so ever with recording on the TM2T here, however I did format the HDD in the box using the VIX image, so it is ext4.
    What image are you using & why did you change the recording paths?

leechy
    just trying diffrent things as it says its recording comes up on screen but go to file and its just black hard drive is new western digital

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Can you view the channel that's making the recording but showing up blank?
    What image are you using?

leechy
    im using vix the channel is viewable but the recording isnt if you press record on the channel it will record its when you use timer

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are you using 2 feeds? if so, have you checked they both work? what's your tuner config? what build no. of VIX?
    You really need to provide as much detail as possible if you want help, otherwise, we are just guessing.

leechy
    2 feeds, build 482, both feeds work toneburst.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    First thing I'd do is update to a recent build.
    Build 545 is available here.

leechy
    thanks i will give that a go

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I set a timer on the TM2T earlier when you brought this up, watching a different channel when it kicked in.
    Now watching the recording, it worked perfectly.
    This was on build 545.
    If your update doesn't sort your issue out, post up your tuner configuration.

leechy
    Hi i think it might be when you set recording straight from epg tried a recording from red button single epg and it worked fine from epg it failed

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leechy View Post
    Hi i think it might be when you set recording straight from epg tried a recording from red button single epg and it worked fine from epg it failed
    all recordings working fine here on the TM2T, no matter how I set them.
    If you are now on build 545 or higher, did you restore a settings back-up?
    You still haven't posted your tuner config, so still impossible to see if anything is wrong there...
    Other than that, fresh flash. Set-up from scratch, format the HDD in the box, then report back if you still have issues.
    I can't fault the TM2T in any way for live TV recordings.
    Don't think it's ever failed me.

leechy
    tuner config is toneburst on a fixed dish but i have tried it on single both with same result

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leechy View Post
    tuner config is toneburst on a fixed dish but i have tried it on single both with same result
    sorry, maybe me being stupid but I have no idea what you mean by "tuner config is toneburst"

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast