Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: GigaBlue Quad + OpenMips 2.0 + HDGlass16 skin + CoolTV Guide = Quad on VIX 3.1 ;)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Some other 'bugs':
    - there are a few bugs that I found in VIX but not in OpenMips: audio tracks - when I change the audio tracks, say from Italian to English (when in Sky Italia), it takes up to 10 or more seconds for the audio to come thru.

Not the case for me.. Its exactly like it is for the Ultimo and Duo before that..

- the famous LCD of quad - can not be used in its full glory on VIX - you have to tweak a skin xml file in order to get to show a few customized picons (different, bigger dimensions than the normal ones - even then I had a black skin for all other channels except the few sky uk hd customized picons). while on OpenMips lcd uses the the same picons you have on skin tv gui.

You have 2 options here.. 1/ Why not use the xml from open mips and add it to your Vix.. ? 2/ I have seen at least 3 thrrads on this forum where other members have posted their own xml file for others to use.. rossi has also started a set of picons for the Quad..

- Project Valerie is not in VIX feeds anymore, while on OpenMips there is the latest build (I know why vix put it down - cuz of the PV buggs crashing the boxes).

Dont need to say anymore.. You got this one pretty much covered..

- not sure about GlassHD16 skin - I think it's not in vix feeds as well.

Again.. I dont use any of the other skins.. as i like the Vix night skin more than any other.. ( But again this is your preference.. )

- softcam restarts by itself (Cccam 2.2.1) quite often in Quad VIX - in openMips seems rock solid.

Please can you elaborate a bit more on this.. ?? as i have had no issues what so ever with any softcams..

- in VIX I had to quite often make the mount again for my nas drive

This bug was fixed a few build agao and everything has been fine ever since..

Hope this helps buddy..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    Some other 'bugs':
    - there are a few bugs that I found in VIX but not in OpenMips: audio tracks - when I change the audio tracks, say from Italian to English (when in Sky Italia), it takes up to 10 or more seconds for the audio to come thru.

Not the case for me.. Its exactly like it is for the Ultimo and Duo before that..

Nope, I did not have this bug with VIX 3.0 on my Duo.

- the famous LCD of quad - can not be used in its full glory on VIX - you have to tweak a skin xml file in order to get to show a few customized picons (different, bigger dimensions than the normal ones - even then I had a black skin for all other channels except the few sky uk hd customized picons). while on OpenMips lcd uses the the same picons you have on skin tv gui.

You have 2 options here.. 1/ Why not use the xml from open mips and add it to your Vix.. ? 2/ I have seen at least 3 thrrads on this forum where other members have posted their own xml file for others to use.. rossi has also started a set of picons for the Quad..

- I did that, I placed Rossi's picons - and yes, it showed those picons, namely the 30 something picons, while for all the other channels was showing an empty black screen.

- Project Valerie is not in VIX feeds anymore, while on OpenMips there is the latest build (I know why vix put it down - cuz of the PV buggs crashing the boxes).

Dont need to say anymore.. You got this one pretty much covered..

- if PV is not compatible in VIX, but in another image, then for me, VIX gets -1 credit.

- not sure about GlassHD16 skin - I think it's not in vix feeds as well.

Again.. I dont use any of the other skins.. as i like the Vix night skin more than any other.. ( But again this is your preference.. )
    I do like VIX night, and I tried to install it on my OpenMips) since it was showing in their feeds, but does not install properly. GlassHD is way beyond any other skin that I have tried so far. But that's only me maybe, who likes to tweak a lot the GUI as per my special likings...

- softcam restarts by itself (Cccam 2.2.1) quite often in Quad VIX - in openMips seems rock solid.

Please can you elaborate a bit more on this.. ?? as i have had no issues what so ever with any softcams..
    - it freezes, hence I need to restart it. Does not hapen with OpenMips - which has cccam 2.3.

- in VIX I had to quite often make the mount again for my nas drive

This bug was fixed a few build agao and everything has been fine ever since..
    I didnt know that since I am on OpenMips now.

Hope this helps buddy..
    As I said, these are my 'feelings' atm re VIX Vs OpenMips.
    Last edited by mauri; 07-11-12 at 23:47.
    GigaBlue Quad, Vu+ Duo 2TB HDD
    Panasonic Viera 55VT30 and Panasonic Viera TH-42PV60E
    W.H.E.N. multi-room system from Audioaccess, Xbox 360 kinect
    Pioneer VSX 1017AV with Definitive Technology Speakers + Yamaha SubWoofer NS-SW700
    Logitech Duet, Harmony remotes 900, 1100, LaCie Network Space 2
    HP Mediasmart Connect (which streams recordings from Vu+Duo HDD thru MiniDLNA client of VIX)
    (SKY HD+ Box, Kaon HD boxes in the drawers! )

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    On the VFD issue..

Its entirly up to Rossi if/when he decides to complete the picons for the Gigablue..

Although i have never used them on Ultimo or Quad.. He did make a great full set for the Ultimo.. So i see no reason why he will not do the same for the GB Quad..

Again.. The option still exists for you to use the xml file from the Openmips image..

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is the link where you will get the vix softcams..

Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/-KLPZQYB/Cccam_230_gigablue.html
    If you decide to give Vix another shot.. Let us know how you get on..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

mauri (08-11-12)