Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Motor Set UP

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Motor Set UP

Can somebody tell where i am going wrong as i have set my motor up on tuner A as simple /positioner and Tuner B as simple/single 28.2 E fixed dish.Tuner B is set as prefered tuner.I have followed the guides from the stickies andir worked a treat ie go to 1west.I have set all the satellites from 0.8w to 28.2east positions but when i am trying to move the dish to them via favorites from it will not go there and the moving dish sign comes up on the screen but the dish is not moving. i am using catseyes channel list and TM2600 motor.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Are you using 2 dishes? Make sure cable to tuner a is in fact going to the motor.
    Have u set positioner to usals and entered your longitude and latitude for your location

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes all of the above have been done and i am using 2 dishes and tuner a cable is going to the motor. I can move the dish but it is not going to the right sats

Title
    Thanks
    Set the tuner preference to Auto..

I hae the same setup as you, motor on LNB1 and Fixed on LNB2, I have it set to auto with Vhanniabal and all is okay.... So change to Auto> and load Vhannibal,

Do you have the long and lat set right?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes i have them set right but no diffrence and which Vhannibal are you using as there is so many from him

Title
    Thanks
    This one... http://www.world-of-satellite.com/at...1&d=1329035973

Have you got a reception on any satellite using the motorised dish on Tuner A?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i did yes but the motor goes past the channel and this is not available on downloadable plugin can do it with usb stick or ftp it and if ftp what location

Title
    Thanks
    I use Dream Box Edit to upload the channel list......

If its going past the satellite, is the long and lat correct? I would double check that... It may be that it is correct, but it is always better to start from scratch, and review what your long and lat is, then check it is input correctly, ??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have got them from dishpointer using my post code and added them on and where can i get Dreambox edit from.Thanks so far

Title
    Thanks
    Have you got it right ie mine is

3.950 west (shows up as -3.950) - remember to convert the minus to west - thats if it is a minus.....

Not sure about dishpointer, but just to double check it have you tried this website.. http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

Dream Box Edit can be downloaded from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...dition-5-0-0-0

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i used the positioner and brought the dish to 13 east and i have changed tuner a to single and is working fine on it for the time being as i want to watch something but many thanks for your help.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    if your USAL settings are correct, its probrable that the dish/motor alignment is slightly out, adjust your west setting by +/- 1 degree, move from one sat to another say 13/28 east, check the sig strength, and if needs be, re-adjust by a further degree...once a good ish sig is present, make smaller adjustments

ie; 002.000 west start point, 001.000 then 003.000 and so on when close to correct, 001.500 or 003.500
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have tried endlesly and to no avail but i am getting some one to mount the dish correctly as it is not at 90 degree angle as it should be.if i searched the channels and saved them myself would it make a difrence as i can move the dish to diffrent satellites and have stored the positions of 30 & 0.8 west as well as 4.8,7,9,13,16,19,23.5 and 28.2 east.