Your line rental increases in October.

But we can help you reduce it to less than you're paying today.

Dear Mr Totally Gulable Basil,

On 1 October 2010, your line rental will increase by 50 pence a month. We're also making changes to the cost of daytime calls, our call set-up fee, and call return service. You can find more details below.

We appreciate it's not the kind of news you'll welcome, but there's more news in this email which we hope you will.

For instance, you can cut the cost of your line rental to the equivalent of just £9.49 a month, by making some changes to the way you pay for it. That's the cheapest among all leading UK providers, including sly, v1rg1n Media and TalkTalk.

To take advantage, you need to pay a year's line rental up-front by debit or credit card, set up a Direct Debit for your other regular payments, and choose to get your BT bills online.

To save money with BT Line Rental Saver, please visit bt.com/linesaver

What makes your BT line more than just a phone line?
All the valuable extras.
dumped the bt services a few months ago,
but at a cost, after being with them for years, I found that I had a "rolling" contract, renewable automaticly every feb, aside from the fact there "help" line needed a degree in cryptologie
it cost me £75 to cancel the said contract, any one that has bt needs to investigate this, and cancel,

but now, as per the quote, they are now trying to lock peeps into there naff service

but although it cost me to dump them, my cost were recoverd in a matter of a few months

baz