I have been using my H92S successfully for a couple of years and have updated it successfully by USB once in the past. This evening, I thought it was about time I brought it up to date. So the Bouquetmaker would work again - what a mistake!

The recommended HP Format program tells me each USB device is locked (heaven knows why), so I used the windows 10 format process, was I wrong to do that?

I have tried two different USB sticks Fat32 one is 32gb the other 8gb both Sandisk and the unit resolutely refuses to install the latest Vix image (yes its the correct image for the unit). I hold down the reset button when powering on and nothing… the front light is supposed to alternate white/red. I have done this before - once, and I am pretty sure it wasn’t this tricky.

I then read on here you could also download the vix file via the file manager and install the image directly to the H92s (this was news to me). So I followed the instructions very carefully and started the flashing process, unfortunately it failed with an error half way through, so my H92S is now effectively bricked. I will try other makes of USB stick but I am starting to give up hope and wish I hadn’t bothered at all. I have built windows PCs in the past and am quite capable of following detailed instructions (I even managed to get my French Freesat card to work!) - but as I get older just want stuff to work, so please bear with me…

If anyone has any flashes (excuse the pun) of inspiration, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks..

Patrick
Stourbridge, UK