Hi,

I've just cancelled my Sky Q to move back to an E2 receiver for FTA reception due to the ever spiralling cost. I have used E2 boxes previously many years ago before I signed up to sky, so I'm not coming in completely blind.

After some research I purchased a GigaBlue UA 4k (preinstalled with openvix) along with a suitable unicable LNB from the forum sponsor, they arrived yesterday. Box setup was very smooth, I followed the tuner setup guides for unicable on here, temporarily swapped out the sky wideband LNB for the GT-Sat one and it all worked first time. I'd like to thank the contributors on here for that unicable guide, saved me a ton of time! Great work

So far so good. My problem is to do with providing the household with a similar "multiroom" experience compared to the current Sky Q. I know it can be done streaming from the GBUA4K to clients across my LAN using openwebif, but I'm really struggling to get it to work. I have checked the openwebif plugin is enabled and I am able to view the openwebif interface in a browser from my PC. Kodi with the enigma2 pvr plugin will not work at all though. As soon as I enable the e2 plugin kodi crashes. I've tried Kodi on four separate devices, a google chromecast with google tv dongle, a cheap Chinese android TV box, my phone (google pixel 6) and lastly a windows 11 laptop. I get exactly the same behaviour when enabling the enigma2 pvr plugin on all of them, I see a message saying "pvr manager is starting up" then Kodi crashes.

I appreciate this is almost certainly a kodi / E2 pvr plugin issue, but I thought I would post on here to check I'm not missing something obvious. Failing that, is there another way of doing this without Kodi? I have an old E2 box kicking about, but I suspect it is too old to be useful.