Quote Originally Posted by JerryK132 View Post
I'm still trying to get the new release to talk to my nas box. After a number of attempts to set up the relevant mount points the connection has been made but the system says I must reformat my nas. This seems to apply to both a CIFS and an NFS connection. Maybe I have used a wrong parameter... The really good news is that after the many restarts required to get that far, the menus, EPGs, etc have returned to my TV screen. So the initial problem has been resolved but data cannot be saved to or read from the nas.

Any guidance on setting up the mount points correctly, and the relevance of CIFS/NFS still needed. And details of what "Use as HDD" exactly does. It also seems strange that I can edit mount points via many different routes in the menu system and yet I can see two distinct versions of the relevant mount points, depending on how in the menu I get there.
Use as HDD, means exactly that use as the systems device for storing into E2 libraries such as logs etc I always use nfs mounts to my NAS (Synology)... but I only use for non system files.
Using it for backups and image libraries also means there will be delays in booting etc and in the ViX plugin utilities such as ImageManager unless you set menu options to only check in local files.