I seem to be going round in circles. I have a technomate tm7100. When I put it on sometimes it will work flawlessly, recording for 4 hours. Other times it will be working for 1/2 an hour and it will say “no signal”. If I switch the satellite receiver off and on, it will spring back to life but 10 minutes after will say “no signal”. If I have a desk fan blowing on the receiver, it works. I took it in to a repairer and was told it needs a new tuner but there are no parts for them now. I rang Technomate, and I was told when the tuner goes it goes for good. It wouldn’t work one time and not the next.

Tonight I had the desk fan on it, and it was on for 5 1/2 hours. I recorded something for 6 minutes. Everything was fine. But when I went into the recordings menu. It froze, the sound was breaking up as it was attempting to play the latest recording, and now it’s saying it needs to format the drive.

Question 1, could the hard drive have been causing the problem and not the tuner?
Question 2, I have recordings that I don’t want to lose on the hard drive, is there a way of not formatting the drive? It’s saying now there is no hard drive, even though it’s physically in the receiver

Any help would be really appreciated