Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Having real difficulties with the menus

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Having real difficulties with the menus

Starting a separate thread as suggested by twol.

I have just bought an Octogan 4008 from the sponsors, flashed by them with Open ATV. Their service was impeccable. Very impressed.

I'm probably being very stupid but what I can't find is any sort of "channel edit" facility. To be honest I'd really like to delete all the channels that don't work, in fact if I could delete whole bouquets (like Canalsat/Canal+) that would be a start.

I've got Disecq set up, 1 = Astra 1, 2 = Astra 2 (appararently no preloaded channels) and 3 = 5 deg W.

During set up I did a scan on 5 deg W, not knowing any better. That produced the multistreams (which is what I bought the box for mainly), but maybe they were there already.

I've no idea what image it is, it's come with the box. The information doesn't seem to be under "system". The menus seems to be full of facilities which to me are of no importance whatsoever (mediascanner, mymetrixlite, openwebif, I don't even know what these are) and totally lacking in really important functions such as "channel delete", which would seem to me to be a fundamental. Maybe I'm missing something. If someone can tell me how to find out what image I have I'll be happy to report back.

You say the software is simple, I have yet to be convinced, but if you could show me a simple way of deleting channels/bouquets (providers) that would help to prune things down a bit and make it a bit more manageable.

Thanks for any help, and sorry to be so stupid, but a Technomate 5402 (3) seems a completel doddle in comparison, simple lists, shows the channel parameters, easy delete/reorder etc.

If the only way to edit channels is via Dreambox edit then could someone also please explain what version I need for Windows 7 - some of the explanations are in German which I don't understand.

I'd be more than happy to work through a tutorial, but is there one yet?
    Last edited by moulin; 24-03-17 at 21:23.