Hi all,

Have been browsing the forum for a few days and clearly there's some (probably painfully gained) knowledge out there! Just as well because I'll be needing it

I ditched Sly about 9 years ago and like many followed the Humax Foxsat HDR path. I've been running the trusty old box with the mods (available from another forum) which allows NASMount, web access, etc. I'm sure you're aware of it. It's now started to show a few glitches occasionally on recorded material so I'm potentially in the market for a replacement and whilst the HUmax has been good, the current models don't get fantastic reviews and I'd like more flexibility on what it does and how it does it.

I've played a bit with XBMC/Kodi in the past (now have it on Fire TV) and am reasonably comfortable with playing with stuff - however my Linux skills are non-existent, but I'm not afraid to learn - been doing IT for 40yrs and still managed to somehow avoid getting my hands dirty with Linux.

I've been eyeing up the eagerly awaited VU+ Ultimo 4K. Don't have a 4K TV but thought it would be wiser to get 4K now in readiness.

I have some questions re general setup, Unicable, Kodi, cams and probably other stuff too, but I'll start separate threads in the respective areas...

I look forward to being able to gaining knowledge and helping out other newbs in the future

P