Hi All. I'm new to VIX and this forum so please be gentle!

Like many I have come to my Xtrend 10000 from a venerable Topfield 5800 running a MyStuff GUI. I've had that for the best part of 15yrs and have only changed now to get HD and extra tuners. The Toppy was brilliant!

The fantastic thing about the Toppy/Mystuff combo was that it had virtually all of the features of AutoTimers but used the series link info in an intelligent way. MyStuff used "power search" to search the EPG and find all repeats of a series but would only record one version at a time when one of the tuners was free to record. With VIX, if you give Autotimers the flexibility to guarantee not missing the episode shown on an odd day or even pick up when the next series starts, you get multiple recordings of the same episode per week. This, apart from the ball ache of having to delete all the duplicates, also ties up the tuners so increases the possibility of timer clash. The Xtrend has the happy facility of having more tuners so this is rare but if Mystuff could do this a decade ago is there a good reason why VIX can't do the same today?

Other than this I love the VIX image and sorting this issue would be the icing on the cake.

Kevin