Summary:
The software is buggy but I love it and wouldn’t give it back if you paid me!

Hardware:
The box is solid feels well built. Quite small and gets quite warm after a fair bit of use. The hardware spec seems quite low but you wouldn’t know when using the box. It responds well and doesn’t have any lag. The remote control is brilliant, lots of features and I especially love the “air mouse” feature it works really well.

Software:
I don’t know about you but I have a projector, an AMP a VU UNO, a NUC computer, Xbox one and a Roku stick. I have a server in the garage that has all my TV shows and films on and updates through Sickbeard. I have always had problems with the UNO and the AMP they seem to loose each other if I don’t turn them all on in a set sequence and then if I put the Xbox on I lose the Uno, not good.

When I saw the Amiko A3 I thought, Kodi, Plex, Satellite all in one simple android box. This is like heaven. The reality is a little further from that though. The Kodi and Plex side are great. The voice recognition is a bit hit and miss. the Satellite side needs work, a lot of work. I really believe that Android OS is the future for our Hobby and can see a lot of them appearing on the market place in the next 12 months. I pray that the VIX team start to create images for these android boxes, I have already replaced 2 of my VIX boxes and I am certain that as they get better more of you will be moving to Android based boxes. The future is bright!