Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
Can you put the LX3 in Deep Standby mode with Timers set?
Does it come out of Deep Standby for Timer Recording?
Yes, it should work. Although when I first tried this at the beginning of June (with older drivers), it failed, and the box had to be power reseted until I restored control over it. But now I started to use the Deep Standby mode again, and so far it has worked every time (3-4 times). However, after the timer recording, the box doesn't go back to Deep Standby or not even to standby, it remains switched on. I hope this bug will be fixed later on.

Quote Originally Posted by handy View Post
Is the fan, temperature controlled or just on or off like on the Duo?
These are the options: Automatic, off, on.

I noticed that the device used to be warm even after being hours in the standby mode. I had the fan control set to Automatic. I changed the setting to On, and now it's much cooler. In fact, now that I tested this.. if it's set to Automatic, the fan will stop in standby mode. If it's set to On, the fan will not stop in standby mode but will stop in Deep Standby mode. In Deep Standby mode, the tv signal is also cut (if looped to tv, for example).

I guess it's better to have the fan always running (if not using Deep Standby) than have LX3 too warm.. when thinking about the life expectancy of components.