Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Nbox BSLA Enigma2 HD Dual Tuner 250 Gb

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    As much as some of the bad things i have said about the Alien boxes, most of them were directed at the Alien2 which has the STi 7162 chipset not the STi7100 or STi7101 chipsets. I got my Alien SHD8900 running quite nicely before it stopped working, it was a pity the same couldn't have been said about the Alien2. I can quite honestly say the Alien2 was the worst box i have ever had the displeasure of owning.

The good thing i find about the nBox is that you don't have the crappy Spark system to worry about taking up half the space available in Flash. This is what attracted me to this box, plus the twin tuner and Harddrive. Its a cheap box that will hopefully do the job its been purchased for.

If you really think about it in essence all it is, is like a jail broken Sky+ HD Box, just with a bit more memory and better software. I haven't managed to find out what Chipset a Sky+ HD box uses unfortunately to make a complete analogy

I'm not expecting this box to be all singing all dancing, i'm just expecting it to work and do what it says it does. I have my other boxes for running plugins and stuff like that with.

I may try to set it up so my Gigablue can record to the HDD in it but that will probably be about it.

Mr Mister, i have 3 other boxes running VIX, plus the nBox is mainly for the kids to use

I just want something new to play with, plus it will keep the kids away from my boxes

I can finally delete all the stuff from Nickelodeon that's filling up the hard drive on my TM-2T.
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 19-02-13 at 17:42.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

2. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (19-02-13)