Hello everyone,

I've got a 9-input Triax multiswitch to which I have connected my fixed Sky dish and terrestial TV aerial. I am getting SKy and Freeview on all outputs, but I now want to connect another dish to the second input. This dish will be motorised.

I understand that I cannot control the rotator from every receiver, but have been advised that I can connect one of the outputs from the multiswitch (probably the one for my primary receiver) to the rotator's input, and connect the rotator's output to my receiver. This should allow me to control move the dish from my main receiver.

I have three questions:

a) How would this affect the other receivers? For example, if I moved the motorised dish from the Italian TV satellite to the German TV satellite, would the other receivers in the house automatically find the German channels, or would they still be searching for the Italian channels?

b) I was wondering if anybody knows of a plugin or piece of software that would run on Linux-based receivers that would allow you control the rotator connected to another receiver. For example, if all my receivers are connected to my home network via ethernet/wi-fi, I would put in the IP address of my main receiver and be able to control the rotator. I have searched but can't find any such software.

c) Does anybody know of a positioner (V Box or whatever) that connects to your home network and can be controlled via a web browser?