Hi all

I usually count myself fairly proficient with gadgets, but my new VU+ Duo has me beat for the moment. I cannot find any answers that work after a couple of days, so I resort to a post.

In summary, I can watch almost no channels on my Duo. I found a Sky Into channel and an Argos channle but that's about it.
I have one of these fixed twin-reflector dishes, giving me four satellites (Astra 2, 1, Hotbird and Atlantic Bird 3) on one cable. Everything works on my Topfield receiver for some years, so in principle the dish/lnbs etc are correct on my seup.

What I've done so far...
1. updated bootloader and standard VU+ firmware.
2. loaded ViX image.
3. setp external hdd.

3. In setup, I set tuner 1 to be Simple, DiseqC A/B/C/D, with the four ports set to Astra 2, 1 Hotbird and AB3 respectively. I've tried auto search and manual searches to no avail, cannot find anything much on 28.2. (The BBC, for example, does not work.)
4. I have read about satellites.xml, generated one for my four satellites and copied it in.
5. I read about channel lists and copied one in. This seems to show me channels and even what is showing sometimes but the screen is still black.

Ultimately, I bought this box to watch French TNTSAT, for which I have a card; I am faaaaar from this point though, proving myself incapable of setting up some British FTA channels!

I've noticed that S/N for many channels is close to 0... errr.... my Topfield works fine and I get 70% typically. Is the sensitivity of the Duo really poor? I do not believe so, I find no other complaints on the boards.
This must be n00b user error.

I believe I've done the basics, but not much pops up. Some ideas would be welcome!