Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how to move channel in a bouqet ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    you really need to get the unit connected to the net

and use the silverfox listing for 28 east via a download,....once done, its job done
    ok mate, will look into it.
    VU+DUO (Genuine box - not a clone)
    FIXED 28.2e DISH
    System OE:OE-Alliance 3.4
    Firmware version:OpenViX 4.2.021 (2016-12-06)
    Kernel / Drivers:3.9.6 / 20151124

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Braveheart, I think sgt flipflops settings would be best for you as your in Scotland.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Braveheart, I think sgt flipflops settings would be best for you as your in Scotland.
    ehh ???????
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    ehh ???????
    come on dude whats so difficult to understand there ?.

SGTFlipFlop makes a sky uk bouquet pack, he lives in Scotland so his packs favor the Scottish channels.

as for connecting it to a computer just buy a flipping cat5 lan cable and connect it permanently.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (20-05-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ahh I get you now, well I didnt know what he meant did I ? I thought he was trying to pull my leg because I dont know anything about the boxs and connecting them to computer, that was all, and he knows that anyway and I think you do too, I know you will say well go and learn, to be honest mate, Ive learned enough over the years with other things, dont have time much now to be messing with tv box's, infact only reason why I even bought it from sicilian is because the wife likes to watch the tv, otherwise I wouldnt have bothered, know what I mean ?
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if SGTFlipFlop's image is Scotland friendly and I can download it and stick it on my usb stick and flash the box then thats easy peasy, but I'm guessing its not, is it ?
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i dont want to be rude, believe me on that. but you bought a linux based satellite receiver. you must learn how to use it, you have been a member here long enough to have picked up a thing or two surely ?.

in my opinion if this box is too difficult for you to use sell it and get sky in properly. you will be a lot happier and so will we for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    if SGTFlipFlop's image is Scotland friendly and I can download it and stick it on my usb stick and flash the box then thats easy peasy, but I'm guessing its not, is it ?

SGTFlipFlop is a bouquet pack not a image. you must flash it from a pc using a editor such as DBE
    Last edited by Larry-G; 20-05-11 at 19:27.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i dont want to be rude, believe me on that. but you bought a linux based satellite receiver. you must learn how to use it, you have been a member here long enough to have picked up a thing or two surely ?.

in my opinion if this box is too difficult for you to use sell it and get sky in properly. you will be a lot happier and so will we for that matter.

SGTFlipFlop is a bouquet pack not a image. you must flash it from a pc using a editor such as DBE

wait mate, I know the script with linux based boxs as ive owned them for mega years but never a vu+duo, always dreamboxs, and I always had lots of friends who didnt find it a problem at all giving me their image file to flash to my box so that was ready to go, I guess all those years I was lucky, but since I went from dreambox to VU+DUO and none of my friends have one I now dont have that level of help, surley if its so easy which it is, to save an image file and send it to someone so that they can put it on a usb stick and flash, surley that isnt much to ask and surley if thats the easiest way to do it then why not use the easiest way to do it rather than a more difficult way, it does make sense, your way makes sense too (if everyone wants to sit and learn yet more stuff) which I dont, I prefer the easy way, but I guess now that I have said that I wont get any help at all now, I know how it goes on sites like this and the others, ive been on them for long enough, lol, I just cant be bothered learning another box mate, know what I mean ? As I said, I have other more important things to do and dont have much time for the boxs nowdays, maybe I should have just bought a dreambox 800HD as thats what my mates all done, that way I most likley wouldnt even be posting any messages in any forums right now.
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    can you give me the link to SGTFlipFlop's fully ready Scotland friendly image please, i typed his username in search but dont see a thread for his image/s ? thanks.

I will even flash it using my computer, yawnnnnnnnn, lol, where is it though, cant find it ?

is it vix based image ? and what about my Cline, how do I keep that in the box ? see, your generating more questions now, lol
    Last edited by BRAVEHEART; 20-05-11 at 19:57.
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    its not a image its a bouquet pack. you can find it in the enigma 2 bouquet section.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    @ Braveheart

I as posted last night, reckon what you need to do, is connect the unit to your router, ( will only need to be done once ) first upgrade the image via usb, to vix 2.1,
    go through the setup wizard, ( tuner A set to simple single saterlite 28 east ) and the same for tuner B
    then with the unit connected to the router, go menu/image manager/software upgrade, the unit will then reboot
    then go menu again, plugins,...green button, once the list are there,...select settings, you will then see a list of sat channel listings, select either silverfox listing..or flipflop listings

your unit will then be as you want it

the above should take about 15 minutes or so

give it a go

baz
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    having read your post ( it was posted whilst I was writing up my reply )

you would first need to ftp to the unit, and save your config files in ETC

also after reimageing the unit with the latest vix image, you will also need to ftp cccam to your temp folder, but we wont go there just yet, no point, untill the image is updated

the alternitive,...is to use dreambox edit, and just update the channel list with your unit as is

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ Braveheart

I as posted last night, reckon what you need to do, is connect the unit to your router, ( will only need to be done once ) first upgrade the image via usb, to vix 2.1,
    go through the setup wizard, ( tuner A set to simple single saterlite 28 east ) and the same for tuner B
    then with the unit connected to the router, go menu/image manager/software upgrade, the unit will then reboot
    then go menu again, plugins,...green button, once the list are there,...select settings, you will then see a list of sat channel listings, select either silverfox listing..or flipflop listings

your unit will then be as you want it

the above should take about 15 minutes or so

give it a go

baz
    thanks mate, but what about my Cline, will that still be there ? I dont have a clue about that, you see the only things thats been done with this box since I bought it was one guy sending me a complete ready to go image file included and all i done was save that to usb stick then flash to box, then after that i think it was Scoot who's a member , he was great guy, he connected to my pc via teamviewer 6 (
    HTML Code:
    http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
    ) which is an amzing program for connecting to someone elses pc and very fast and easy too, and he connected and done the rest himself, I tried to watch what he was doing but it was like woooosh, over my head as I wasnt used to it, lol.
    Last edited by basilyoung; 20-05-11 at 20:12. Reason: getting the post to within rules
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Title
    Thanks
    think you need to check out what you can mention ( card share ) have a look at the rules

I have edited your post

if you got the unit preconfigured, I doubt that you will be able to access the unit, as it would be or should be password protected

so do you no the units password?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    think you need to check out what you can mention ( card share ) have a look at the rules

I have edited your post

if you got the unit preconfigured, I doubt that you will be able to access the unit, as it would be or should be password protected

so do you no the units password?
    the box was bought from sicilian, dont think its password protected and it certainly wasnt pre-setup for me, so no , doubt theres a password.
    FIXED 28.2e DISH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast