Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Login requirement changed

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts

Login requirement changed

Is it just me?

For the last week or so I've had to login anew to the website every 2 or 3 days.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Is it just me?

For the last week or so I've had to login anew to the website every 2 or 3 days.
    So far not a problem for me.

Are you deleting World of satellite.com cookies?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Are you deleting World of satellite.com cookies?
    I haven't changed anything.
    Well, not strictly true, but if I were I'd expect to have to login every time, not just every 2/3 days.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    When I look I see that I have a set of Personal Context cookies as well as Default Context.
    So I've deleted them.
    No idea what they are, but they expire in a few days - the Default ones live longer.
    (and they don't seem to come back when I shutdown/restart Firefox).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I find that after the mandatory password change, I need to fully logout and then log back in but then I remain logged in until the next password change. I'm using Firefox.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    same here and you can just use same password
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    I find that after the mandatory password change, I need to fully logout and then log back in but then I remain logged in until the next password change. I'm using Firefox.
    Ah, yes. That sounds familiar now.
    Or I can just edit the cookie validity date and see what happens....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Exactly what I do, and I also just make my new password the same as the old password.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm now being asked to login every day.
    When I check the cookies being set they are set to expire just after they are set.
    I am checking the box to keep me logged in each time.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'm now being asked to login every day.
    When I check the cookies being set they are set to expire just after they are set.
    I am checking the box to keep me logged in each time.
    That's most odd. I'm using Firefox (on linux Mint) with the default strict tracking protection set. I have been logged in for weeks now without being prompted for a fresh login.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    I checked the cookie expiration - other than the session cookies, the long term cookies expire in August 2024.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers