Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: No Ethernet on Openvix 6 5 002

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Openvix 6 5 002
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes

Thread: No Ethernet on Openvix 6 5 002

Title
    Thanks

No Ethernet on Openvix 6 5 002

I have a problem with Openvix 6 5 002

I have a VU+ Uno 4K SE

With older versions of Openvix, the network/Ethernet works and I can download plugins and update the software.

As soon as I update, the Ethernet stops working.

I have downloaded Openvix 6 5 002 and flashed it. Because now there is no Ethernet, I can't restore plugins.

Am I doomed to be stuck on Openvix 6 4 006 ?

I am thinking this is a software issue rather than hardware, or the Ethernet wouldn't work on earlier versions?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orange1234 View Post
    I have a problem with Openvix 6 5 002

I have a VU+ Uno 4K SE

With older versions of Openvix, the network/Ethernet works and I can download plugins and update the software.

As soon as I update, the Ethernet stops working.

I have downloaded Openvix 6 5 002 and flashed it. Because now there is no Ethernet, I can't restore plugins.

Am I doomed to be stuck on Openvix 6 4 006 ?

I am thinking this is a software issue rather than hardware, or the Ethernet wouldn't work on earlier versions?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
    I have a Vu+ uno4k SE and it works perfectly so something in your settimgs or Lan environment doesn,t work.
    So reflash online, (don,t software update) restore settings.no plugins and see if that works…..
    If not report back
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks twol

I've treid all I know for the last couple of hours.

I tried restore settings, no plugins. Then I go to download addons, and it comes up with a message saying the Lan is not working. I've tested the Lan and broadband is live.
    If I revert to v 6 5 002 the Lan works again.

If I refresh from software update, it does it, then the Lan won't work again.

My thinking is, if the Lan works, then it's unlikely to be a hardware issue, so I'm left with software. Do you know if there are Lan drivers I can update?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orange1234 View Post
    Thanks twol

I've treid all I know for the last couple of hours.

I tried restore settings, no plugins. Then I go to download addons, and it comes up with a message saying the Lan is not working. I've tested the Lan and broadband is live.
    If I revert to v 6 5 002 the Lan works again.

If I refresh from software update, it does it, then the Lan won't work again.

My thinking is, if the Lan works, then it's unlikely to be a hardware issue, so I'm left with software. Do you know if there are Lan drivers I can update?
    So post debug log …..menu/setup/system/logs/settings enable, localtime, save somewhere other than flash.
    Also post network settings.
    Connection is via lan/wifi?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a vu+uno4Kse using 6.5.002 and all works fine.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This might sound like a stupid question, but are you sure the ethernet connection is not working? The only reason I ask is I ran into a similar(ish) issue myself where my receiver complained it wasn't connected to the internet when in reality it was. When I tried to download plugins the receiver would just give a message "no internet connection", so I ssh''d into the receiver and verified the internet connection was working from the cli. I guess if your ethernet really is down you won't be able to ssh (or telnet) into the box, if this is the case then feel free to ignore me

When you click on "download plugins" the openvix software tests for a working internet connection by opening a tcp connection to 8.8.8.8 on port 53. In my environment this won't work as I redirect any traffic on my internal networks destined to google public DNS to my own DNS resolvers. The ACL's on my resolvers wouldn't allow a connection from my receiver so the internet check always failed.

This probably isn't your issue, but I just thought I'd mention it.