Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to play AVI Files on VuDuo4K but they play fine on Uno4KSE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Unable to play AVI Files on VuDuo4K but they play fine on Uno4KSE

I have a Vu+ Uno4Kse & Vu+ Duo4K both running the latest version of VIX 6.5.001.

I have downloaded some .mkv files from web & .AVI files, FTP'd them to the Vu+ boxes and then tried to play them. The Uno4Kse box will play both mkv & avi with no problem at all, however, the Duo4K will play the mkv files with no issues but when I try to play the avi files I only get sound with a blank screen, both boxes to my knowledge are set up identically.

Any ideas why this is happening

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spevs View Post
    I have a Vu+ Uno4Kse & Vu+ Duo4K both running the latest version of VIX 6.5.001.

I have downloaded some .mkv files from web & .AVI files, FTP'd them to the Vu+ boxes and then tried to play them. The Uno4Kse box will play both mkv & avi with no problem at all, however, the Duo4K will play the mkv files with no issues but when I try to play the avi files I only get sound with a blank screen, both boxes to my knowledge are set up identically.

Any ideas why this is happening

Thanks
    Different chipset
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As it happens I have two Uno4kse's and both handle .avi files with no issue but the Duo4k only plays the Audio, does anyone have a Duo4k running latest build that will play .avi files ...............?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    2 things:
    1. AVI is only a container it depends what is inside the container. MediaInfo will give this information
    2. "Duo4K" and "Duo4K se" have different chip sets. Which Duo4K do you have?

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    2 things:
    1. AVI is only a container it depends what is inside the container. MediaInfo will give this information
    2. "Duo4K" and "Duo4K se" have different chip sets. Which Duo4K do you have?

Ralf
    I have the Duo4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I wanted to test yesterday but then I remembered that my Duo4K (gen 1 not se) is laying on the shelf between my spare devices. But I remembered that Broadcom, manufacturer of the SOCs, changed the driver a few years ago und removed some codecs which were use mainly in AVI files.

Ralf
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I wanted to test yesterday but then I remembered that my Duo4K (gen 1 not se) is laying on the shelf between my spare devices. But I remembered that Broadcom, manufacturer of the SOCs, changed the driver a few years ago und removed some codecs which were use mainly in AVI files.

Ralf
    Does this mean the Duo4K (Not se) won't every play Avi files or do I need updated drivers, or does the VIX Image need updated drivers for the Duo4K................??????

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Does this mean the Duo4K (Not se) won't every play Avi files or do I need updated drivers, or does the VIX Image need updated drivers for the Duo4K................??????
    Don,t expect any more drivers from Vu+ for that box, and those same drivers are in use by all OE-A images. So probably limited on that box.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Duo4K (and Zero4K) do not support Mpeg1, this is the reason for your black screen on the Duo4K.

You could try installing serviceapp, then in the settings for that, change it to Exteplayer3 instead of Enigma2, this will force Exteplayer3 to be the default media player.

Serviceapp can not tell the difference between Mpeg1 and Mpeg2, so it tends to report it's output as Mpeg2 and this sometimes is enough to get an Mpeg1 file to play on the Duo4K (not guaranteed to work, but worth trying).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info guys, below is the a screen grap of what mediainfo says about each file:-

This plays audio but blank screen on Duo4K

Screenshot 2024-04-05 202357.jpg

Whereas the Duo4k will play this file correctly

Screenshot 2024-04-05 202459.jpg

Both of my Uno4Kse's play both files correctly.

Appreciate the help, perhaps I should have waited to buy a Duo4kse............

I'd like to add these files were not for me but the Mrs............
    Last edited by spevs; 05-04-24 at 20:38.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    vuplus dropped some old video formats like xvid, wmv, vc1 and a few morea few years ago. The orginal Duo4K was one of the latest boxes from VU and in my knowledge the only one which plays 4K h264 files.

Try service app or reencode the files. Switching to another VU does not make sense for me because it is still the most powerful one. Reencoding is quite easy with ffmpeg and a script which does it for a complete directory.

Ralf
    ---

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,
    vuplus dropped some old video formats like xvid, wmv, vc1 and a few morea few years ago. The orginal Duo4K was one of the latest boxes from VU and in my knowledge the only one which plays 4K h264 files.

Try service app or reencode the files. Switching to another VU does not make sense for me because it is still the most powerful one. Reencoding is quite easy with ffmpeg and a script which does it for a complete directory.

Ralf
    Hi Ralf, I have serviceapp installed, I tried this

Screenshot 2024-04-06 100328.jpg

but it was the same,what do I do next..........?
    Last edited by spevs; 06-04-24 at 10:04.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Ralf, I have serviceapp installed, what do I do next..........?
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post538299

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I suspect VuDuo4k's arn't licenced for xvid, be interesting to know if the Duo4kse's are (suspect not), anyway to overcome the issue I have used Avidemux to change the file to AVC and it plays fine on all boxes. Thanks for the help Guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast