Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: EPG 5 or 7 days

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

EPG 5 or 7 days

What is the best for epg 5 days or 7 days

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deltec View Post
    What is the best for epg 5 days or 7 days
    It depends how often you update it. I have a 7 day over the air from Sky IEPG but it's updated once per day so, say, any wrong data in 7 days time has 6 chances to be corrected.
    If you are using the Freeview or Freesat over the air EPG then it will be regularly updated if your box is on, and possibly watching any channel on that service.

Is this question prompted by your previous question on series recording and possibly using Autotimers to search for programs? If so, you can configure the Autotimer to only look x days in advance so the Autotimer will not generate a Timer 7 days in advance. I have my Autotimers to only look 1 day day in advance.
    The configuration for this is
    menu/timers/autotimers/menu (again)/6.Setup/Only add timer for next X days
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

deltec (23-03-24)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So u recomend 6 days then

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So u recomend 6 days then
    No, I don't recommend anything. 7 day EPG is what gets transmitted over the air in the UK. There are other methods of obtaining an EPG over the internet but if your current method is not broken don't try and fix it

What exactly is your problem that you need to ask the question?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am intrested in doing a recording for a tv serous over a 13 weeks how. Would I set this up then I want. to record another tv
    serous later on for 8 weeks thanks deltec
    Last edited by deltec; 23-03-24 at 12:20.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am intrested in doing a recording for a tv serous over a 13 weeks how. Would I set this up then I want. to record another tv
    serous later on for 8 weeks thanks deltec
    That's what an autotimer can do.

Consider the Autotimer to be a search facility. You ask it to search for a program in the EPG and configure it to search for the next 7 days (which may be the default??).

Today (Saturday 23 March) you have the EPG until next Saturday (30 March). The Autotimer will search all of that EPG and if it finds your program it will set a timer for it.

Tomorrow you will have the EPG for 31 March. The Auto timer is still active and will search this new EPG and if it finds your program it will set a timer for it.

Next week you will have the EPG from 30 March to 6 April. The Auto timer is still active and will search this new EPG.

The week after you will have the EPG from 6 April to 13 April. The Auto timer is still active and will search this new EPG.

Unless you delete the Autotimer it will continue to search the EPG as it is updated day by day for years.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

deltec (23-03-24),malcolmp (23-03-24)