Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Auto-filing

Title
    Thanks

Auto-filing

Hello

I am new to OpenVix with a Vu+ Duo, so please be gentle with me

On previous PVRs, I have enabled auto-filing, so that timers save all recordings in a series to a named directory or folder on the disk.

Is there a plug-in which will automate this for OpenVix. I know I can create folders, and add bookmarks, but I'd prefer something automatic. I have already found I can do this by editing /etc/enigma2/autotimer.xml but obviously I am only a typo away from breaking things.

If there isn't a plugin, is there a HowTo on how to write plugins. I am reasonably competent in writing simple Python code.

I appreciate this is probably a more general OpenVix question, if a moderator wishes to move my post, but thought I'd start here, by saying hello to fellow VU+ Duo fans.

Thanks.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    There is a feature in ViX that will group recordings of the same name. In the GUI they are grouped as if they are in an individual folder but really they are in the common folder.

As for plugins you will need to be more specific.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (61.2 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (38.7 KB, 9 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (44.6 KB, 9 views)
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There is a plugin called MovieOrganisor by Grog68 that will create directories and move recordings of the same name to it's own directory if there's more than one recording.
    I don't think it in the feeds though, you will need to google it.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################