Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu+ UNO 4k SE 4K best video setting for UHD resolution TV programmes

Title
    Thanks

Vu+ UNO 4k SE 4K best video setting for UHD resolution TV programmes

My TV supports 3840x2160 resolution. When I watch NASA TV UHD on Hotbird, the picture information shows a resolution of 4K 3840x2160.

In the Vu+UNO 4k SE box setup menu for Video output, I can choose between Automatic resolution set to "All resolutions", "HD only" and disabled with mode set to 2160. I assume now that the only 4K resolution supported by the Vu+UNO 4k SE box is 2160p.

My TV supports 4K Ultra HD upscaling. Can someone please advise me which video output I should use on the Vu+UNO 4k SE to get the best picture from UHD transmissions.

By trial and error, the best result would seem to be with the output set to "HD only". I assume then that the TV's 4K Ultra HD upscaling is producing the good result. Some combinations in the video menu result in only a small image in the top right-hand corner of the TV screen.

I am now using an 8K spec HDMI cable between the` box and TV. This has made no difference.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I also have 4K tv and H7S 4K and left it on 3840x2160 resolution , most of the time i could be looking at an SD broadcast and move to HD.

The odd time if i go onto NASA tv picture blinks as it changes up to 4K.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for your comments, but I have found the answer to my question by doing some more digging into UHD TV specifications.

If I set the video output of my box to 2106p, this is a valid 4K UHD TV standard and will ensure my TV displays the 3840x2160 content correctly.

Out of interest, 2160p resolution is in reference to the 4K UHD TV resolution of 3840×2160, or a vertical resolution of 2160p for an overall image aspect ratio of 16∶9.

True 4K resolution of 4096(4K) x 2160 gives an aspect ratio of 256∶135 as defined by the DCI Digital Cinema System Specification for use in cinemas.