Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 SCR no signal

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    That should be correct for your setup because you only have one cable connected. I have cables connected to both tuner inputs.
    Are you absolutely sure that the cable is connected to the unicable output of the LNB and not the legacy output?
    Have you actually tried scanning with ABM?

2023-12-28-221613.png
    Last edited by Willo3092; 28-12-23 at 23:17.
    Willo
    #######################
    AX HD61 4K UHD Twin (test box)
    Vu+ Uno 4K SE
    Edision OS Mio 4K
    Zgemma H9 Twin
    Vu+ Zero 4K
    Vu+ Uno 4K
    GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 Unicable II LNB
    GT-Sat GT-dLNB1-DY Unicable II LNB
    #######################

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    That should be correct for your setup because you only have one cable connected. I have cables connected to both tuner inputs.
    Are you absolutely sure that the cable is connected to the unicable output of the LNB and not the legacy output?
    Have you actually tried scanning with ABM?

2023-12-28-221613.png
    Tried scanning nothing found, the cable is connected to the right hand output of your imageIMG_20231222_123453501.jpg This images show the black cable connected to the dCSS output, the others are to the legacy outputs which work fine.
    From this video I found on Youtube, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TRH_jyWUoM&t=84s) can you tell me if he is programming the frequency of the output? (I have an old Amiko XFinder which is not registering any signal output, I'm not sure if it is unicable I or II)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The first 4 channels are always unicable 1 anyway. I think you have a faulty LNB. Double check with retailer and see what they suggest you test.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

StephenRadford (30-12-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The first 4 channels are always unicable 1 anyway. I think you have a faulty LNB. Double check with retailer and see what they suggest you test.
    I think you are correct, I want others opinion to confirm. It took me sometime to check all the options as it was a new item.
    Thanks to everyone for your help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I also have this LNB and same box as you and generally no issues at all except for when it seems it gets cold, I find I have no signal and a full power reboot (by physical switch) I occasionally have to do during winter months. My rare no signal is first thing of a morning which only thing it does of a morning (around 6am) is a daily ABM update and EPG update just after. I find that when I do have to do a phsyical power reboot, it's fine for rest of the day and sometimes for days after.

It's weird as had this setup for well over a year and it is only during really cold/icy weather I have this no signal issue so for 10+ months of year it's perfectly fine! At least that is pattern I've only been able to find. I too had the LNB switched out by supplier (WoS) and same thing.

I live with this issue as it's obviously very rare and a power cycle fixes it.

I use 1x legacy that goes to a Solo2 but the main feed goes to my Duo4KSE. My Duo4KSE has two actual tuners so I have a splitter at end feed from LNB.

I'm not using latest OpenVix, however. Just 6.4.008.

If it helps, I've attached my (generally) working settings file...
    settings.rar
    Last edited by bbbuk; 31-12-23 at 10:38.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

StephenRadford (31-12-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I also have this LNB and same box as you and generally no issues at all except for when it seems it gets cold, I find I have no signal and a full power reboot (by physical switch) I occasionally have to do during winter months. My rare no signal is first thing of a morning which only thing it does of a morning (around 6am) is a daily ABM update and EPG update just after. I find that when I do have to do a phsyical power reboot, it's fine for rest of the day and sometimes for days after.

It's weird as had this setup for well over a year and it is only during really cold/icy weather I have this no signal issue so for 10+ months of year it's perfectly fine! At least that is pattern I've only been able to find. I too had the LNB switched out by supplier (WoS) and same thing.

I live with this issue as it's obviously very rare and a power cycle fixes it.

I use 1x legacy that goes to a Solo2 but the main feed goes to my Duo4KSE. My Duo4KSE has two actual tuners so I have a splitter at end feed from LNB.

I'm not using latest OpenVix, however. Just 6.4.008.

If it helps, I've attached my (generally) working settings file...
    settings.rar
    That settings file looks totally different to the ones I posted. Is that the config file in /etc/enigma2/settings?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenRadford View Post
    That settings file looks totally different to the ones I posted. Is that the config file in /etc/enigma2/settings?
    Yes (minus few personal things like passwords).

It will be slightly different I would expect because I have two physical tuners with a splitter that splits the main feed from LNB into both physical Tuners A and B. Tuners C onwards are virtual tuners (not sure if that correct terminology). For each Tuner, I have set a different "user band".

I'll post some actual screenshots of my tuner settings maybe easier on the eye haha

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    TunersOverview.jpg TunerA.jpg

TunerB.jpg TunerC.jpg

TunerD.jpg

etc for each of my other virtual tuners.

Below is used to try to force box to keep free an actual physical tuners (A and B) and instead use virtual tuner (C onwards). From what I got from @abu and others on this forum, somethings require an actual physical tuner (things like ABM and EPG, I believe).
    TunerMisc.jpg
    Last edited by bbbuk; 31-12-23 at 14:30.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Looking at your Tuner A settings picture and my Tuner A settings picture, pretty much same except you dont have the option "Connected through another Tuner".

This is toggled off on my Tuner A and B (physical tuners) but you will see my Tuner C onwards it's enabled that's because my virtual tuners (C onwards) are connected via my physical tuner A.

Not sure if that explains things but maybe one of the others may be able to explain why that is?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Are these LNBs any good, if they don't work in the cold? The spec sheet has the operating temp range of -30°C ~ +65°C.
    Gigablue UHD UE4K (Openvix)
    80 cm 2 Universal LNBs (Hot Bird, Astra 19°) to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    60 cm Sky Dish Quad LNB one cable direct to Sky HD+box, 2nd cable to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    65 cm Dish (16°) to DiSEqC then to Gigblue
    Zgemma H7S (Openvix) Now used as a backup box
    Viark 4K Box

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12