Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Not switching back from 60Hz

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not switching back from 60Hz

Title
    Thanks
    Just updated to 6.4.011 and Zgemma H7C won't play 4k 60Hz video properly.
    It plays with thin horizontal lines drifting up the screen.
    Then when you stop the video, the screen goes black with vertical bands of colour, made up of same colour in each band, drifting across the screen.
    The screen then goes black and the box locks up. Need to power down with on/off button.
    Checked with 6.4.010 in slot 2, and same video plays perfectly ok.
    Have exact same settings in both vix versions.
    vix11.jpgvix10.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would query how good your Hdmi cable is and try another one that supports 4K.

I use a good quality one on 4K sat and picture perfect.

Dont plug or unplug cables while units are powered on.

Out of interest what slot is it in?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goo View Post
    Just updated to 6.4.011 and Zgemma H7C won't play 4k 60Hz video properly.
    It plays with thin horizontal lines drifting up the screen.
    Then when you stop the video, the screen goes black with vertical bands of colour, made up of same colour in each band, drifting across the screen.
    The screen then goes black and the box locks up. Need to power down with on/off button.
    Checked with 6.4.010 in slot 2, and same video plays perfectly ok.
    Have exact same settings in both vix versions.
    vix11.jpgvix10.jpg
    where is the audio/video screen display from??

Also can you post debug log.....
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    It's the same mp4, down the same HDR spec HDMI cable, from the same Zgemma.

The screens are photos of the TV, showing the TV overlay information (what the TV thinks it is receiving from the Zgemma).
    Vix10.jpg is the same as Vix11.jpg, though you can make out the horizontal lines in the video in the vix11 jpg.

Enigma2_debug_2024-01-10_17-27-08.log

5. The Following User Says Thank You to goo For This Useful Post:

twol (11-01-24)

Title
    Thanks
    It's the same mp4, down the same HDR spec HDMI cable, from the same Zgemma.

The screens are photos of the TV, showing the TV overlay information (what the TV thinks it is receiving from the Zgemma).
    Vix10.jpg is the same as Vix11.jpg, though you can make out the horizontal lines in the video in the vix11 jpg.

Enigma2_debug_2024-01-10_17-27-08.log
    Ev0 and I have worked this hard, because multi was not working correctly, and on our receivers and TV,s (and like you we are letting the TV show the signal received), it is now correct.
    So can you either post here or PM me a link with the file so I can try it on various boxes.(Unfortunately, don,t have H7)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Downloaded some 4K60fps mp4 and ts files, and tried them on Zgemma H7C and GBQuad4k.

They all played Ok, and now the file that wouldn't play properly on the Zgemma (Vix 6.4.011), plays ok.

I can only think that these other mp4 and ts have 'retrained' or 'reset' the TV's 4K60fps settings to the Zgemma.

The only other thing that has changed is the TV updated the Prime Video app.

Whatever, it plays ok now.

Probably related to your and EvO's work- the GBQuad4K now plays high bitrate 4K 24fps mp4s, (they wouldn't play before, as I mentioned in post #15 in the thread about image download fails).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to goo For This Useful Post:

twol (12-01-24)

Title
    Thanks
    I may have been a tad hasty with my previous thumbs-up.

The Zgemma H7C (Vix 6.4.011) does not play 4K 60fps videos properly all the time.

I should mention that my Philips 65OLED706 had a software update on 08/01/2024 and I hadn't tried playing any 4K 60fps videos until I updated to Vix 6.4.011.
    And that the TV sometimes takes it's time to sort itself out after any changes (it forgets an input uses CEC if I disconnect then reconnect it, and takes ages get CEC working again).
    However, it has always displayed these 4K 60fps videos OK when I try Zgemma Vix 6.4.010 or the GBQuad4K Vix 6.4.011.

I think the Zgemma only locked up the first time I tried playing 60fps 4K video, because since then I can use the remote to put it into deep standby (screen is black).

I thought it had 'sorted itself out' with the 60fps video, but it seems to fail to play when I first turn on the TV and the Zgemma, then plays ok after I have rebooted the Zgemma.
    Also, it doesn't play the test files I downloaded (Sony-Swordsmith-HDR-UHD-4K-(www.demolandia.net).mp4 and LG-NASA-HDR-(www.demolandia.net).mp4) properly either.

Managed to photograph screen when video starts, and when it has stopped (before it goes black).

play video.jpgafter stop.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you are in "Picture in picture" mode try rebooting into "Kodi" mode.
    The Zgemma H7 doesn't seem to be good at changing between 50Hz and 60Hz (or in supporting some non transport stream types of video) when in PiP mode.
    Zgemma H7S, Fixed 28.2°E dish, Freeview (Hannington). ABM Providers: [Sky UK; Thames Valley SD Custom; HD swap], [Freeview (UK); Berks and North Hants]

Title
    Thanks
    GBQuad4K Vix 6.4.011

If you set-
    Auto Resolution - Disabled
    Mode - 2160p
    Refresh Rate - Multi
    The TV will display all video at 2160p with the correct fps

If you set Mode to 720p-
    The TV will display all video at 720p with the correct refresh rate, etc for all modes that I tried.

If you then set-
    Auto resolution - All resolutions
    Nothing changes. It just keeps the same settings, and displays everything at the same resolution you last set with the Mode setting, even after restarting the gui.
    It's as if that part of program has been bypassed or has gone altogether.
    If that last setting was 720p it still shows everything at 720p. Not just the TV overlay saying that, you can clearly see 4K video is not 4K.

TV still showing "HDR" popup even though it is clearly not 4K. So presumably the GBQuad4K is telling the TV it is HDR.

Zgemma H7C Vix 6.4.011
    Mode - 2160p
    Refresh Rate - Multi
    It plays 24fps video at 50 fps
    Only plays Sony-Swordsmith mp4 for a couple of seconds

If I set Auto resolution - All resolutions it plays 4k 60fps at 30fps
    I gave up after this.

Tried loading Kodi rather than PiP Vix and it has played 60fps ok so far with the caveats above.
    But it was on and off before so ...

Title
    Thanks
    GBQuad4K Vix 6.4.011

If you set-
    Mode - 2160p
    Refresh Rate - Multi
    The TV will display all video at 2160p with the correct fps

If you set Mode to 720p-
    The TV will display all video at 720p with the correct refresh rate, etc for all modes that I tried.

If you then set-
    Auto resolution - All resolutions
    Nothing changes. It just keeps the same settings, and displays everything at the same resolution you last set with the Mode setting, even after restarting the gui.
    It's as if that part of program has been bypassed or has gone altogether.
    If that last setting was 720p it still shows everything at 720p. Not just the TV overlay saying that, you can clearly see 4K video is not 4K.

TV still showing "HDR" popup even though it is clearly not 4K. So presumably the GBQuad4K is telling the TV it is HDR.

Zgemma H7C Vix 6.4.011
    Mode - 2160p
    Refresh Rate - Multi
    It plays 24fps video at 50 fps
    Only plays Sony-Swordsmith mp4 for a couple of seconds

If I set Auto resolution - All resolutions it plays 4k 60fps at 30fps
    I gave up after this.

Tried loading Kodi rather than PiP Vix and it has played 60fps ok so far with the caveats above.
    But it was on and off before so ...
    Working an issue at the moment .. but try multi and setting delay time to 3500

why are you looking at 720?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    It's always set to multi.
    Tried 3500, and the Sony Swordsmith mp4 plays for 12 seconds then freezes.
    If I stop and restart it (it's set to resume) it plays another 12 seconds then freezes.
    So it is possible to watch the whole video in 12 second chunks.

I tried 720p so I could compare the TV picture, and that it wasn't just the TV overlay saying it was 720.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12