Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freesat - Wrong local BBC HD channel

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I have the information I need.

I don't know what is going on with your box. You said one thing, I tested that. You then said you restored and did something else. So I am at a loss as to where to go.

If there is a problem with the options you used in the debug log I re-posted above. I will try to fix it.

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

Because we were seeing BBC1 London all of a sudden , I tried various thing to try and get back to BBC1 West Yorks, like rebooting, restarting the GUI, and finally a restore of a backup I made before flashing the box with current image. The only thing that worked, as it were, was the last option I did.

I did not use any options in the debug log , which you reposted, because I am not confident enough to play about with anything like that..

I have just updated the provider file for FreeSat, then did another scan. After it finished I rebooted the box and checked the TV listing for BBC1, and it was still BBC1 London

Thanks
    Last edited by avalon65; 09-12-23 at 20:49.

Title
    Thanks
    Weird, now I am having the same issue as you. Until this is fixed, please use the BBC one from the regional bouquet. Sorry.

I think there are a few areas with same names, but different codes.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry but what or where is the regional bouquet , a I wasn't aware that there was one on my receiver.

In my attempt to resolve this issue, I did a manual scan a few days ago, and now when I pres the down arrow on the circular part of the remote, it shows a listing for Last Scanned.
    Now if I select this, I see BBC1 for almost every part of the country, including BBC1 West Yorks. It then becomes confusing for my wife to choose the correct area , so I don't use Last Scanned now.

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    There is no 106 to swap with anymore, and seems now it is random between region_id and region 0xff as to which bbc one hd one you get with it favouring 0xff region most of the time?

Maybe the region 0xff bbc one hd is not being deleted as the duplicate 101 anymore?

Wasn't something to do with region changed to an list recently, maybe something to do with that code change?

The channel swap functionality is somewhat not ideal in ABM, in that it does not want to swap hd with hd.
    You can swap the current itv sd at 111 with your local bbc one hd as a workaround until they look into this issue. Does a prevous version without recent changes work?
    Code:
    	<swapchannels>
    		<channel number="111" with="953" />
    	</swapchannels>

Title
    Thanks
    We have the following three areas with identical names. I have tried all three, they seem to be wrong now with regards to their BBC One HD on 101. It was fine earlier today, but I was also using the Sky provider during those runs.

<configuration key="hd_freesat_110_a" bouquet="0x110" region="0xa">BBC Yorkshire/ITV Yorkshire W</configuration>
    <configuration key="hd_freesat_110_28" bouquet="0x110" region="0x28">BBC Yorkshire/ITV Yorkshire W</configuration>
    <configuration key="hd_freesat_110_2a" bouquet="0x110" region="0x2a">BBC Yorkshire/ITV Yorkshire W</configuration>
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Yes a previous version or image 6.4.007 works fine, and gives the correct BBC1 area. The problem happens overnight when a download is being done, and by the next morning BC1 is now London again. I wish I could revert back to a previous version permanently for a while at least.

thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to avalon65 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (10-12-23)

Title
    Thanks
    These are screenshots of the regional bouquet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    There is no 106 to swap with anymore, and seems now it is random between region_id and region 0xff as to which bbc one hd one you get with it favouring 0xff region most of the time?
    You mean this commit?
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...f132da3f07a283

Title
    Thanks
    First time I have used the Freesat region extractor. Is this normal?

Code:
    root@vuduo4k:~# python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/freesat_regions_extractor.pyc >/tmp/freesat.log
    Fatal Python error: none_dealloc: deallocating None: bug likely caused by a refcount error in a C extension
    Python runtime state: finalizing (tstate=0xb6f4c098)

Current thread 0xb6f733c0 (most recent call first):
      <no Python frame>
    Aborted
    root@vuduo4k:~#

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Freesat region data looks fine, see my regions data here

I just regressed the ABM code back 6 months to the add CI workflow using Github Actions commit and Freeset seems to be working ok with local bbc one hd at 101 every time. Bug must have been iintroduced between that commit and now. As far as i remember all my later commits were just white space cleanups.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (10-12-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks for that so if I update the provider files again, it will be the correct tv area for BBC1?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon65 View Post
    Ok thanks for that so if I update the provider files again, it will be the correct tv area for BBC1?
    There is a bug which makes this hit and miss. As I said, please use the regional bouquet until we fix it.

Title
    Thanks
    On the Public/Release image, problem started on 6.4 008. As Avalon mentioned, 6.4 007 is fine. So somebody bothered by this can flash that image for now.

Developer image 6.4 008.001 (Sep 20) is fine.
    Developer image 6.4 008.002 (Sep 22) has the problem.

The dvbreader's last change was on 19/09/2023, so this is most likely a python issue.

Maybe this commit based on the last sentence:
    Code:
    [providers/dvbscanner] make region descriptor tag a list
    This will allow creating a channel list from multiple descriptors, e.g. HD and SD lists combined.

If there are multiple channels competing for the same LCN the one in descriptor[0] will win.

Title
    Thanks
    Just for information, I have now flashed my receiver with the 6.4.003 image, and then did a restore of a 6.4.003 backup I made last month.
    Hopefully that has fixed the problem I have been having.

Thanks to all for the time and information given.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast