Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Missing Picons for radios

Title
    Thanks

Angry Missing Picons for radios

Hi all,

Not sure this is the good thread for this but I have issues with the picons on my receiver for the radio channels only. All other channels showing picons perfectly in many different skins.
    I'm at a loss, I have searched high, I have searched low but can't find anything. I have tons of picons installed in usr/share/enigma2/picon and in amongst these there are the right picons for the radio channels.

Now my issue is not with the setPicon plugin I use it as a mean to illustrate the issue. As an example BBC R2 displays in the said plugin as:

BBC R2
    1:0:2:1920:7ff:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
    28.2 E
    BSkyB
    The search function returns Not Found...

In usr/share/enigma2/picon there is a "1_0_1_1920_7FF_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png" file which I believe should be linked to the right radio channel.

My receiver:

Brand & Model: GigaBlue UHD IP 4K
    Chipset: 3798mv200
    Main memory: 654492 kB free / 948912 kB total

Software
    System OE: OE-Alliance 4.4
    Firmware version: teamblue 6.4.0 (2022-12-08)
    Kernel / Drivers: 4.4.35 / 20210312

Tuners
    Tuner A SAT>IP DVB-S2 VTUNER (DVB-S2)
    28.2° E / BBC R2
    Hard disk model: SanDisk (Cruzer)
    Capacity: 183 MB free / 7.5 GB ("8 GB") total (/media/hdd)
    Signature loading please wait ...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Are you talking about the OSD picons or the ones on the LCD?

If it is the LCD ones, it could be the colour palette of the picons.
    If it is the OSD ones, note the difference between 1/2 for the third component in the service references.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

HGass (18-11-23)

Title
    Thanks
    It's the OSD ones, the GB UHD IP 4K has got a simple lcd display, no picon there, just time or channel number.
    You're right the service reference is different, I'd missed that.
    So basically I don't have the right picons. I'm at a loss to understand where to find these. I got a good load from the GitHub repository, but never the radio ones.

Just read your excellent How to and got some joy but the main radiopicons are still missing ...
    Last edited by HGass; 18-11-23 at 01:25.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have not said which picon set you are using. Also, if there is a hack to treat radio channels as TV ones, as an example for Freesat when using ABM, this may be an issue.

Have you tried the SNPicons? They work by name and are more resilient.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

HGass (18-11-23)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    Thanks for your message, very appreciated.

I have not said which picon set I use, AAMOF I have used a few sets, to my great embarrassment, it is a bit of a mess. I have a bad case of /usr/shared/enigma2/picon/ bloating...

I have d/led and installed: i.e. either copied the picons to /usr/shared/enigma2/picon/ or installed via the local extension install facility, the following sets:

In reverse chronological order, starting from my last attempt:

enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-13e.19e.23e.28e.220x132-190x102.light.on.transparent_2023-11-11--23-47-42_all.ipk (not sure what it contains, installed via the GUI)
    that one has a great effect to all the services, including radio, on my ET10000, OATV box.

All the following were FTPed to /usr/shared/enigma2/picon/

220x132_radio_20160913.rar - (an odd mix of 43 radios services png files of which only half a dozen were service reference named.)
    Vix Team Quad & 800SE LCD Picons.rar - (650 picons and two xml files meant for another set, all the picons seat nicely in LCD subfolder of no use to anybody in my household...)
    transPicons-28-2-Waltxx-darkbg-010610.rar - (odd mix of 56 picons service reference named)
    transPicons-28-2-Zodac-260510.rar - (odd mix of 356 picons service reference named)
    MK 400x240 UK (SNP) 2017_09_10.rar - (contained a 1381 png files, all the bskyb lot, (tv+radio) of which only half a dozen were service reference named.)
    logos.zip - (contained a 116 svg files, the logos of all the bbc radios not service reference named.)
    sky_uk_picon_400_x_240.zip - (another odd mix of 114 service reference named picons)

During the whole process there has been a _few_ overrides of files so the result is probably a mess to look at but my aim is to achieve dominion over the system not look pretty...

I think I am going to get rid of the picon folder altogether, recreate it and start from scratch, can I do that? as I'm root, the folder Access Right should be ok.